Dealer in Yorkshire

harmony5

Visit site
Just seen these two adverts on horsemart and wondered what people thought of both of the horses and if anyone has experiences of the dealer. Both the horses are the height and age i am looking for and in price range but i would like other peoples opinons please.

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/advert/6_yrs_14_2_hh_coloured_yorkshire/62809

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/advert/7_yrs_15_1_hh_liver_chestnut_welsh_sec_d_yorkshire/62805

I found it strange that the welsh d chestnut was wearing a headcollar under the bridle? Would this suggest he is bad to have a bridle put on?
And considering it says he jumps 2 foot 9, the jump he is jumping in the picture does look very small??

And the coloured mare looks a bit of a wreck to me which i know is only cosmetic, but they could have atleast but a brush through the mane and tidied the length on the mane.
She also looks very unbalanced to me and as though she is about to rush off?

Any replies greatly appreciated

ibot

Visit site
it sounds like you are talking yourself out of them???
did you check out there website it might give you a better understanding of them??
if you want another dealer give me a pm i know of one where i am getting mine from who is fab,
nicky

Bethie

Visit site
No idea about the dealer but in this market I'd be looking for a lot better put together horse than either of those two for your money.

harmony5

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
it sounds like you are talking yourself out of them???
did you check out there website it might give you a better understanding of them??
if you want another dealer give me a pm i know of one where i am getting mine from who is fab,
nicky

[/ QUOTE ]

Not talking myself out of them, it was just things i had noticed from the photos and wanted to see if anyone agreed/disagreed or had any thoughts on either the horses.

welshied

Visit site
I bought 2 horses from sarah both exactly as described owned one of them for 6 years and the other for 5 years and will never part with them she will tell you all there quirks good and bad amd you get a warranty.
I also believe she is a member on here

welshied

Visit site
Mind you when i bought mine they cost a lot more than them and did look a bit better quality horses, agree that they aren't shown to their best in those pics but if you don't live very far away she is def worth a visit sometimes she has good ones in other times she has really bad ones in but she is always honest

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
To be honest the coloured cob mare isn't looking anything other than what I would expect when you consider she was backed at 4 then had a foal and just come back into work. She is only 6 and will be very green. She won't be properly balanced yet either.

The Sec D is still young and probably not fully matured yet given his breed are late at that. As for the jumping I think they are going on what the previous owners have told them and not taking their word for it hence the smaller jump. After all if someone told you a horse could easily clear 4' would you take their word for it or go slowly and try it at different heights first?

If you like the look of the horses why not ring the seller and ask to go and look. Looking only costs time and they may actually be much better in the flesh

Good luck with horse hunting. Hope you find 'the one'.