Dealers in the South East?

npage123

Visit site
Two friends have bought lovely horses from Rowebuck Stud and were very pleased with the way in which the trying of the horses went. They were free to ride any horse they fancied to ascertain what they were like (from the more laid-back, experienced horses to the younger ones with a bit more spark in the) and the owner Elliot couldn't have been more patient and helpful.

Also, Martin's Irish Horses has got a superb reputation. Some of the horses they sell are quite small, and there are a lot of Connemaras or Connie crosses, but they also sell bigger horses and all of them are competent in SJ and XC. If you're not in a big rush to buy one yet, then do get hold of the owners there and they really try their best to find a horse which you specify that you would like.

http://www.martinsirishhorses.com/

Good luck :D

Mrsbmobile

New User
Visit site
Sad outcome from Cornwood Stud .....Horse was indeed lovely and perfect for us, nothing wrong with the horse that I am aware of. We had agreed to buy at the full asking price and offered a deposit which was declined and we had arranged vetting. Unbeknown to us, they were using us to bid up the price with another buyer on the phone. Having agreed to purchase, shaken on it, and given us his word the horse was ours, they text me the following morning to say that they had sold 'our' horse to another buyer for more money!
- A disgraceful way to do business in my book.
They came across as really nice people and the girl, Harriet was very pleasant, but sadly he, Tom, is just another greedy horse salesman.
Feeling really let down here and my daughter is devastated having set her heart on the horse.
I have given them the opportunity to put things right by finding us another horse and we will see what they come back with.
...Meanwhile... back to the drawing board.

vam

Visit site
I actually bought a lovely mare from Kim at Kimba Stud a couple of months ago in the end. Really nice to deal with and had lots in so would recommend her.

onemoretime

Visit site
Sad outcome from Cornwood Stud .....Horse was indeed lovely and perfect for us, nothing wrong with the horse that I am aware of. We had agreed to buy at the full asking price and offered a deposit which was declined and we had arranged vetting. Unbeknown to us, they were using us to bid up the price with another buyer on the phone. Having agreed to purchase, shaken on it, and given us his word the horse was ours, they text me the following morning to say that they had sold 'our' horse to another buyer for more money!
- A disgraceful way to do business in my book.
They came across as really nice people and the girl, Harriet was very pleasant, but sadly he, Tom, is just another greedy horse salesman.
Feeling really let down here and my daughter is devastated having set her heart on the horse.
I have given them the opportunity to put things right by finding us another horse and we will see what they come back with.
...Meanwhile... back to the drawing board.
Sorry to read this. I had a very similar thing done to me last year. I had been to see the horse twice, had ridden him out on a hack on the Thursday and had booked the vet only to get a call the next day saying that someone had come into the yard, tried the horse and the vet was coming in on the
Monday. There are some very nasty and unbusiness like people selling horses today. Would you really want to do business with them again?

Deltaflyer

Visit site
I actually bought a lovely mare from Kim at Kimba Stud a couple of months ago in the end. Really nice to deal with and had lots in so would recommend her.

Just spotted this. Did you buy one of her lovely homebreds? I've known Kim for years and she does have some lovely horses and she used to own Tinka's Serenade.

RidingAgain

Visit site
Found this old thread and adding to it in case anyone else looks for info in future. I had a really negative and costly experience with this woman & stud. I would be wary.