Decent horse for 2k??

eeyore28

Visit site
Im looking for a horse 15 -16.2 mare or gelding between 3 to 6yrs....
2k budget as i would prefer unbroken/ lightly backed

Can i find anything??

Not unless they are in scotland or wales, or are ex racers with injuries or are from notorious dodgy dealers...

Ive even looked upto 3k as in this current market i think im in a good positon to make an offer.

Why is it so hard?
I have horses already but have an empt stable crying out for a resident!

Is it possible?
Or should i just give up???
frown.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
You are looking at possibly one of the most sought after age ranges & also the size range that is possibly the most popular. With a £2k budget I have doubt that you will get what you want.

eeyore28

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You are looking at possibly one of the most sought after age ranges & also the size range that is possibly the most popular. With a £2k budget I have doubt that you will get what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

even for something that isnt a superstar?
im willing to take on poor condition / bad mannered also?

something that is sound would be a bonus!

BigRed

Visit site
£2000 is not very much money, so I am not surprised you are finding it hard.

Having said that, my trainer just sold a 16.1 6 year old by Catherston Humbug working at Elementary for £3000 because it was spooky. I would stop looking at dealers and either go to the Auctions directly yourself, for a TB go to Ascot sales or, http://www.brightwells.com/

For the money you are willing to pay, you are more likely to be buying something with an "if", so try buying a 2/3 year old at the sales and wait till next year to do something with it.

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
^^^ i like all the ones taffster said...

also, in the current market, it might be worth looking at horses up to 3k, as you may be able to haggle down to 2k...

i bought an ACE horse the other day for 2.3k... he was on for 3.5k! my budget was 2k... so i just didnt feed my family for a month!

Fletchersmum

Visit site
I diasagree, I think there are horses around in your price range if you look, especially if you are willing to take on a project, and especially at the moment with the current climate, even dealers are offering good bargains just to shift old stock.

Not sure if I can name drop other sites on here, but here goes:

Have you tried googling:

Horse Deals
Project horses.com
Ad Horse
Horse quest
The Horse Exchange
Blue Cross
World Horse Welfare

BOL with your search

BobbyMondeo

Visit site
There are deffinately horses about i got my youngsters for £2200 for the two in august last year. And they are both turning out to be really nice sorts. Just keep looking

wench

Visit site
People have been paying stupid money for horses for years. I bought one for 2k three years ago. He hadnt had regular work for a while, and had never been around a course of show jumps, and has been nappy over them, (we think to previous numpty owners letting him get away with everything) but with lots of work, seems to have turned a corner.

We think he is a very well bred horse, but unfortunatly dont have any papers for him. If I had bought him as a foal/youngster, I think he would have cost a lot of money. However, from what we know of him, he has been passed around a bit and not worked. But he was cheap, and worth every penny.