Decent quality Jodhpurs that come in long leg length??

TheLankyRider

Visit site
I am really struggling to find jodhpurs that actually last a reasonable amount of time that come with the extra leg length. A lot of the big online equestrian sites don't have a lot of choice of jodhpurs that they stock with the extra leg length. Used to love Toggi ones but just had a pair that shrunk after first wash (and they weren't that cheap too) and the really cheap ones like Harry Hall etc only last a few months. Can any tall ladies recommend some? Really am willing to pay a reasonable amount for them if they will actually survive a decent amount of time. I'm 6 foot so I look totally ridiculous in regular length ones.

Nicnac

Visit site
Daughter at 5'10" swears by Pikeur. Not cheap but mean the legs reach her ankles rather than having velcro by her knees! She's 36" inside leg.

She only wears breeches tho' not jods if that makes a difference to you.

LizzieRC1313

Visit site
I'm 6ft too and I had Cavallo ones. Cost a ridiculous amount but lasted so well until I fell off onto gravel XC and split the knee open. Now trying to work out how to afford a new pair. Again these were breeches tho, not down to my ankle. I had high waisted ones.

TheLankyRider

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I have to have jodhpurs unfortunately even though I wear long boots because my lower leg is so skinny I need that extra fabric plus two pairs of socks to make it look like long boots actually fit my legs. Shame since I love the look of the Cavallo ones

oldie48

Visit site
. I've got one fat and one thin leg due to an old injury and I bought really thick ski socks, which I wear on one leg only to pad it out. Also works if I use a leg warmer (yes, very 80's). I loathe jods, they are never quite the right length. Also, the ariat breeches have a stretchy bottom which fits really snuggly rather than the velcro closing.If you look out for deals you can get a bargain eg ariat Olympia breeches for £49.99 instead of £120ish and they last for ever.

tubby1

Visit site
I'm tall & skinny & struggle but I am currently using cheap & cheerful Sherwood Forest ones . I bought 3 pairs for about £25 each & rotate them they still look great are very comfy and aren't baggy ( which is my pet hate ) .

Northern Hare

Visit site
Hi, why don't you try Gorringe, they make breeches and jodphurs in long and extra long lengths? If you have a look at the "horseandrider.co.uk" website, they've got various styles of Gorringe jodphurs and you can select the extra long length. They're very reasonable, and although I've not had any recently, they were always very smart and hard wearing. I remember having a pair of seconds many years ago with a Harrods waist band because I think they made the Harrods label breeches and jodphurs. Gorringe also have their own website where you can check on other stockists if you want to find a particular style.

ETA - they're also made in the UK! :)

Last edited:

TheLankyRider

Visit site
Hi, why don't you try Gorringe, they make breeches and jodphurs in long and extra long lengths? If you have a look at the "horseandrider.co.uk" website, they've got various styles of Gorringe jodphurs and you can select the extra long length. They're very reasonable, and although I've not had any recently, they were always very smart and hard wearing. I remember having a pair of seconds many years ago with a Harrods waist band because I think they made the Harrods label breeches and jodphurs. Gorringe also have their own website where you can check on other stockists if you want to find a particular style.

ETA - they're also made in the UK! :)

Thank you very much for this. Very reasonable price so I've ordered a pair to see what they are like!

NZJenny

Visit site
The American brand Irideon is also good. They do all of theirs in "long" - I have three pairs that I have hammered over the years and they are still going strong.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Gorringe cord are good.

On a related note, does anyone know of extremely stretchy jods? The bad leg is a very odd shape now, kind of all pushed to the side so I need ultra stretchy material.

spookypony

Visit site
Another vote for the Pikeur long ones. I wear the winter-fabric fleece-lined ones even in summer because this country is so cold, and they last a good 3 years at least with daily wear.

pansymouse

Visit site
I'd been wearing breeches for 10 years before I realised that the Velcro bit was meant to be round the ankle not mid calf! As a very tall child I just used to turn down the cuffs on jods. I now wear FITS riding tights from America which are massively expensive but worth every penny.

wilsha

Visit site
Try mark todd breeches, they're the best ones I've had and have elastic at the bottom. Don't buy equetech unless you're going to be wearing long socks and boots as they come up quite short!