Decent quality, smart competition breeches...recomendations?!?

Beanyowner

Visit site

Hi all...I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some good quality competition breeches/jods. I usually buy RTS but am debating whether to give something else a try!

Any suggestions?!?

AutumnRose

Visit site
Pikeur - Fantastic quality and flattering too. Love them
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Mark Todd are comfortable and not too expensive and look smart enough without breaking the bank.
Also like Sarm Hippique too which have lasted me 10 years.

I love RTS too

Halfstep

Visit site
It is the cut with cavallos - they really really don't suit some body shapes and the fabric is lighter than Pikeurs which makes them look really odd if they don't fit properly. But they are super if they are right!

Beanyowner

Visit site
Well my rear can probably best be described as 'pear shaped'...worst described as 'fat shaped'
grin.gif
so the thigh holding in pikeurs as Weezy so kindly described them sounds ideal. Jsut gotta find somewhere nearby that sells them now! Preferably need a pair by middle of next week!
smile.gif

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
Ha, thanks Halfstep! I've always wanted a pair of Cavallo and tend to try them on every fair/show I go to...for some reason I always hope that I might find one pair that fits... I really should give up and live with the fact that they just don't suit me.

As for Pikeur, yes, I love the Lugana model too - I have four
blush.gif

Baydale

Visit site
Yet another vote for Pikeur, they just seem to fit really well, whichever style you have. Cavallo seem to look fine on stick-thin dressage riders but not "normal" shaped people
wink.gif

daisycrazy

Visit site
A dissenting voice here - the Pikeur breeches I've bought have worn really badly. My mum's pair, at least 20 years old, are still going strong, but they're MUCH more strongly made.

I really like both Eurostar and Georg Schumacher breeches. Georg Schumacher have a style (can't remember what it's called) for approx £70 which is really comfortable, smart and hard wearing, which I use for everyday and also for eventing/BSJA.

KatB

Visit site
I will go against the grain here! I dont get on with pikeur at all with my lard ar*e
wink.gif
tongue.gif
smirk.gif
I stick with cheaper brands at the moment, Mark Todd being my fav
smile.gif

hellspells

Visit site
How bizarre I too have a lard @rse and get on really well with cavallo. But another vote for vikeur or RTS (In fact I only own breeches in these three makes and mostly cavallo - others just don't seem to last the same)

JLav

Visit site
I love Pikeurs but the different styles suit different body shapes.

If you have fuller thighs then the Ricarda or Mondega are a better fit.

The Lugana doesn't fit me at all.

They also come in a range of fabrics some of which are very light and stretchy (prestige micro fibre 2000 is my favourite) and others are a denser weave wth less give so you need to check out a few different ones to get the right ones for you.

My Pikeurs last ages and I ride 6 or 7 horses most days in them. I have some pairs that are about 5 years old and others that are a couple of years old an some only a few months old. No sign of wear on any of them.

Gamebird

Visit site
Ah, nice to know that I'm not the only one who can't do Cavallo! Though a lot of the styles don't have side seams and I hate that.

Pikeur - either with a knee patch (Princess?) or full seat (Lugana?) all fit me beautifully and I have several yard pairs bought very cheaply from ebay as I know they're guaranteed to fit.

My first pair of RTS Bentex breeches arrived earlier in the week (I ordered them in April. Is this some kind of record?) and I have barely had them off. They are gorgeous, fit like a glove and are very flattering. They're brown but I might buy a beige pair for competing next season (though annoyingly they seem to have shot up in price and the exchange rate makes it even worse
mad.gif
).

Eurostar - had a gorgeous yellowish pair with a full seat and pockets that I LOVED. However after half a season of lying down to do the zip up
blush.gif
I came to the conclusion that they were really a size to small so I sold them on ebay. Chatter1 bought them and she is evidently thinner than me!

heifer

Visit site
LOVE my Kyra K ones! Only bought them because i forgot my breeches at a far off comp so had to just buy whatever was available!!! Cost me $350AUD (choke!) but they are SO lush and lovely, i really love them!