Decent waterproof winter coat

Annagain

Visit site
I discovered, the hard way, at the weekend that my trusty old Musto winter coat is no longer trusty or waterproof. After having to spend £1500 the week before last on several different things - vet bill, dentist bill (for me) garage bill, lessons missed due to garage bill - and ending up with nothing nice to show for it, I can't spend a fortune but do want one that will last more than one winter. Need one that's long enough to go over the back of the saddle and I like the ones with a removable liner so I can wear it when it's warmbut wet as well as cold. I loved my Musto but they're very expensive these days. Any recommendations for something a bit cheaper please?

flying_high

Visit site
Cheapest option might be to wash existing coat with reproofer?

Or to wash it minus soap and paint / spray with Fabscil gold reproofer. I have done a few coats this year that way.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I love my jacket from premier equine! I got a red one a couple of years ago and they had a sale a while back, so now have a black one too

also got a nice horseware jacket in the Robinsons sale last year, its got an amazing hood on it, which had like a peak so that your face doesn't get wet in heavy rain

chaps89

Visit site
TK Maxx or any of the outdoor camping shops. I tend to find ski or hiking jackets cheaper than the equestrian equivalent. Slightly the wrong time of year for an end of season sale bargain unfortunately though.
That said if you can hold on a couple of weeks, it will be black Friday sale time and you might scoop a bargain somewhere?

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i have a jacket from kramer...... felix buhler charlotte it is £79.90 and has done 2 winters so far. it is waterproof and breathable. it has a fur outer on the hood which is removable. i think it is good value....have a look on kramer there is a big selection on there and all are quite reasonable...

mandyroberts

Visit site
There are bargains on last year's models around even for Musto, I'd try the reproofing first but I do love my Musto coats. I gave up on the last one when the elbows split because the material was so thin!

only_me

Visit site
definitely go for musto again - I have the big waterproof outdoor blouson style and its fab managed to get it for £80, also have the lightweight gortex musto one which i go walking/running/riding in and its also fab! Think it cost be £180 5 years ago and its still as good as new!

keep an eye on tkmaxx, they are good with musto. Otherwise try helly hanson or north face :)

Annagain

Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions. Can't find anything in my size on TK Maxx at the moment but will keep looking and keep doing my sun dance for the foreseeable future!