Deciding where to send youngster to be backed....???? (Essex)

bonbeau

Visit site
Hi,

I am looking into sending my 3 year old away to be backed, I don't know where to start!
How do you decide on the best place to send them? What do you look for in the trainer?
I have had a few recommendations but only names thrown at me so I'm still at square 1.
Advice and/or recommendations with reasons why would be great.
My boy is a warmblood standing at about 16hh, lovely kind temperement and dressage potential. I want a really good start for him!

Thanks

imr

Visit site
have heard good things about Garry Williams near Colchester. A friend of mine has her youngster there and he has lots of experience of starting youngsters.

TallulahBright

Visit site
Long way from you but I sent mine to Matthew Hall near Okehampton in Devon and would recommend him 110%. He did. Cracking job with mine.
I went to look at several places and his yard just felt right re routine, atmosphere, etc. There were a few I would have never left her at!

bonbeau

Visit site
Thanks, Garry Williams is where my boys sire is actually! So that could be a good possibility for him and it's close.
I Want him to be fairly close as I will want to see him regularly and check his progress.
I have otherwise been pushed in the direction of nick moon and Sarah burton.
I'm going to start contacting a few options, just want to be sure I choose the best place for him!