Decision made...

Gingernags

Visit site
You know the saga... all about the champs for the BSPS. I've said all along that I can't blame the rider for pulling out, I can totally understand why she's more excited about competing her own at another event instead.

Whilst I'm really disappointed, I didn't want anyone falling out over this, I just wanted the entry fees back as its non refundable and I still owe my poor mother the money!

Anyway, its all gone mad, the rider has sabotaged me trying to get another rider and been a bit nasty about it all, so I have decided that we just aren't going to go.

I can't be in the middle of all this. I still think we've been given the sh*tty end of the stick but its just causing way too much nastiness.

So if she or her friends read this, good luck at the Pony Club Championships and thank you for riding Asti in the past. Please can you now stop the nastiness as its not fair on the other people getting dragged in.

Thanks.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Are you still going top make them pay for the entry fees??

Thats a lot of money to throw down the drain!!!! Especially on someone elses kid!!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I think its a bit unfair if they dont.

I really feel for you as i know you was so looking forward to taking her
frown.gif

Nic

Visit site
Leaving you in the lurch was childish. But sabotaging you trying to give someone willing to do the work such a fantastic oppotunity is downright spiteful. Nasty little creature
mad.gif

If you don't mind me asking, how did she sabotage the other rider?

Such a shame you can't go after all the time, money, blood, sweat & tears you have put in
frown.gif

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I can understand totally how you feel; it's not nice being taken for a ride by anyone, least of all people who you thought were friends/aquaintacies in the past; it leaves a nasty taste in your mouth but I do hope you can get some of your entry fees back at the very least - and getting over your disappointment at not going either after all of your hard work. I can't believe there aren't any riders out there for you though.

Gingernags

Visit site
Its not that there isn't, but I've been made to take photos down from somewhere else just showing what she can do. PLus it turned into an argument and the post got removed as some nasty things were said.

At the end of the day I can't say it was definately her but that was the name given to Admin on the other site.

So if deciding not to go and dropping the issue, entry fees aside, means its stops, then thats that. It is a shame as it was my only holiday and I was looking forward to it, but I'm fed up with the nastiness and don't want to be the villain again.

harvgj19

Visit site
What a silly little brat. Its not nice to say, but I hope she gets left in the lurch one day, over something just as important to her.

They really should be paying the lost fee's over all this. It is unfair for you to be out of pocket when they have let you down.

And to stop you going at all by sabotaging any other potential riders is down right nasty. I hope they get theirs one day
mad.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Sorry GM but this is ridiculous - I am really feeling for you over all of this

COME ON HHOers - someone on here MUST be able to offer their services or that of a rider who is competent enough to ride Asti at the Champs!

Skhosu

Visit site
I am sorry but I think you should go. This person is obviously only out for their own gain, and it is your horse, your chance to see her perform at a big show, why not just ignore her?

seabiscuit

Visit site
I think you should go too. If I was 3 years younger I would come all the way up North and do it for you myself!!

Personaly I think that you have let that spoilt little brat get off way to easily. Who does she think she is treating you like this! Sorry but I hope she is reading this!

Anyhow keep looking for a rider, I am sure that there MUST be someone out there who would be right!

JAK

Visit site
Don't you dare not go GM - why should you & Asti be denied what you've worked so hard to achieve?
It's not like this spoilt little madam is the only reason for Asti going is it? The horse already had the talent & training to enable her to qualify, it's just that she happened to be a good compatible rider for your mare but perhaps no more than another equally good young rider might have been!

And it's you who have put the initial work in remember & you who has forked out for everything!
You've earned the right to go & stand there as 'proud mummy' - find another rider & go & be that 'proud mummy'!

I know you're a peaceful soul but they're unlikely to cough up anything at this stage of the game, so just tell them to 'back off' - they turned down the ride themselves, so it's no longer any concern of theirs who rides her & apart from that, it's not their ruddy horse anyway!

Stand up for yourself GM, you're not going to come out of this as 'all friends again' anyway, so stuff 'em I say!
tongue.gif

Zebedee

Visit site
Couldn't agree more - don't give in to these bullies. It's your pony, your money & YOUR decision as to who rides her at the champs.
If you just turn up there & make a few enquiries you'll be inundated with offers to ride, but it's probably best to contact one of the pony showing yards to ask advice on available riders.

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
GM I just wouldn't give them the satisfaction. I have already suggested a brilliant rider who is more than willing to have a go but not sure what you think of it as have had no response
confused.gif

make sure you get your money back off them and if they are reading this then I hope they know how appalling we think there behaviour is!
mad.gif
Backing out is one thing causing trouble is quite another!