Deep seat saddles .....any ideas?

Mrsf

Visit site
ok everyone ...... i need your help! I can't seem to find a saddle that fits me AND my horse! He is a medium to medium wide fit .....but he's only 5 and changing shape and i would imagine he will fill out by the end of the year. I have a big bum! (although its getting smaller with the help of a lap band but thats another story and another forum!) I want a saddle that i can sit into not on, - so deep seat is necessary - and as i am only short with short legs i need a saddle which is not too forward cut otherwise i can't reach the knee rolls with my knees!

Does anyone have any advise or suggestions??? I am currenly riding him in a borrowed Ryder - which i do find comfortable - and i'm looking into finding a stockist in Surrey. I can't get on with Albion for some reason. Ideally i would like 2 saddles a GP for hacking and a dressage one for schooling and competitions!

Any suggestions greatfully received!

M

Parkranger

Visit site
I have a medium 17.5 barnsby that I'm trying to sell! It's nice and deep (I have a big bum!) and it's kept me in the saddle after many a buck!

PM me if you're interested......based in Surrey (Epsom)

dwi

Visit site
I was just about to say a barnsby, I promise that I'm not related to Park Ranger
grin.gif
. Mine is really comfortable and soft seated

Parkranger

Visit site
LOL! I know what you mean about Albions - I brought a brand new K2 for Oscar and although it's nice, it's not as comfy as my Barnsby - unfortunately Oscar has freakishly high withers....

pennyh

Visit site
i kinda know what you mean re albions , the slk's have great big knee blocks that don't suit everyone

have you looked at a legend 5000 dressage though , i have one with suede seat & knee , lovely & deep & stickable , the 17.5" is certainly generous in the seat & i found it esay to do sitting trot on my big moving WB the knee blocks runn down the full length of the flap so personally i don't find them obtrusive

(ps - my albion is for sale if anyone interested MW fit but horse is now a wide
frown.gif
)