Deerhounds

cariad

Visit site
For many years I have promised myself a Scottish deerhound, but other dogs have got in the way! However, I am now seriously thinking about purchase, but can I find details of a breeder from Scotland who I saw at the East of England Show many years ago and whose stamp of dog really caught my eye? No. I did take his card and it sat about for ages, but we have since moved and furniture has gone missing, never mind cards! I only remember his name was Seamus and he is/was quite well known in deerhound circles. It's a bit of a long shot, but I don't know whether anyone on here has any suggestions as to who he might be? He may well be dead for all I know! I had a weird experience a few years ago at West Wittering beach when I struck up a conversation with a woman out walking her deerhound and by sheer coincidence she not only knew Seamus, but her dog was something like a brother to his stud dog. I took it as an omen.......

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks.

cariad

Visit site
Now does that name ring a bell, or am I just wishing it did? He might have been a Irish chap himself, but I'm sure was in Scotland. Worth following up. Thanks for the link, but my computer won't open it. I'll keep trying though. I haven't seen a Seamus on any of the other sites I've tried.

Zoisrus

Visit site
Try the deerhound club - the secretary should be able to help you. http://www.deerhound.co.uk/

Seamus Oates (Ireland) is a well known FCI judge of hounds, and many other breeds. He may well have bred deerhounds, or have done in the past. I would ask but the friends that know him well are in Ireland at a show this weekend.

monach

New User
Visit site
Hi
My late husband was a well known breeder of deerhounds. I still breed them now. He was Seumas Caine and we lived and I still live in Scotland near Dumbarton
I have pups at the moment.
Nell MacBean

cariad

Visit site
Well, there can't be too many Seumas's who are/were deerhound breeders -can there? I saw him with the dogs literally years ago at the East of England Show near Peterborough and I just liked the type. Is that likely? Do you want to PM me with your details? I was really looking towards next year for a dog, as we are currently living in a building site having a lot of work done to the house. Mind you, it does mean there's nothing for puppies to wreck...!