defence of yard owners round 2

frostbitten

New User
Visit site
ref. previous post.
Please read my previous post with special emphasis I am NOT a horse-owner.
I showed all replies to the yard owner who is now renting me storage space. His comments were -
The person in Shropshire who has been everywhere, not had any thieves or people in the personal adult services, has been very fortunate.

The yard owner had had visits f rom the Benefit people looking for certain persons, having been referred from previous yards! The people he had in personal adult industry were entertaining customers in the living accommodation available and were leaving sanitary ware dug into the old dung-heap! This industry in Hertfordshire is the biggest advertiser - apart from Estate Agents - in the local papers.
As for thieving - any fence-energiser is worth £50 in any local car-boot sale and all batteries are worth between £5 and £10 in the local scrapyards. Horse clippers are also worth £50, all of which he has had stolen!
The person from Cardiff is obviously the President of St.Mellons pony club! he has taken on board aall useful comments!!!
As an addendum, the owner also told me he put an advert in the Horse & Hound mag. over Christmas offering support for a competitive rider which yielded 192 replies - 3 very interesting dressage riders but unfortunately the school was not up to their required size. Most people turned out to be "wasters" with no get up and go!
These are an elderly couple so will not be pursuing any further.
Please do not put "smart alec" comments on. I do not treat you with disrespect. I have the same sense of humour as Theresa May! And a responsible job.
Regards
Frosty

Fun Times

Visit site
Oh dear. I am very tired and either stupider than I thought or else things are making no sense at all now...

DiNozzo

Visit site
How incredibly rude of you to insult us all with your sordid and likely false tale.

IF this poor man was stupid enough not to vet/get references for his liveries, its his own fault, and highly likely he will attract the worst of any group locally.

HOWEVER, this DOES NOT apply to all horse riders and owners.

What do you hope to achieve by telling a story of unpleasant behaviour by a small group of people?! You haven't offered names or a specific area- so it isn't a warning for that yard in particular? Everyone is aware that there are bad people within every group- not just horse riders and owners.

So, what does this post achieve?!

Fides

Visit site
I'm a bit confused as to what the point of the thread is. Do you want support? Advice?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I'm down the road from there and I've never heard about the massive adult industry there! OH has never mentioned it. Herts police HQ is in that town: I'd be seriously amazed if they merrily allowed that to go on.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
I'm down the road from there and I've never heard about the massive adult industry there! OH has never mentioned it. Herts police HQ is in that town: I'd be seriously amazed if they merrily allowed that to go on.

Come on now, CT, don't be shy, spill the beans. It sounds like a fun place to live.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
so an elderly couple don't want to rent out their yard, you decide to come on a horse forum and tell us about this and then allegedly show the couple the comments, then come back for round 2 to tell us how wrong we all are . how bizarre!! is there a point to any of this or did you get bored under your bridge this week, no goats to scare perhaps?!

Capriole

Visit site
Not sure what your OP is actually about Frostbitten, what exactly are you looking for help with? Is there a point to your threads? At all?
Also, for someone who says they are not treating anyone with disrespect both of your threads sound _exactly_ like someone posting with disrespect. Funny that.

Do 'Benefits People' really wander around the countryside on the off chance of finding pesky Benefits claimants daring to sully the peace and quiet of the countryside? I had no idea.

Sincerely. From someone who has never stolen a car battery...what would I do with one I wonder, if only I knew a Fence :rolleyes3: Also... never been a part of the adult film industry. I was in a film once though, but I was a mermaid. Family viewing, nothing fishy about it.

Renvers

Visit site
I am not sure most YO's would regard this as a defence of them. Your original post and your rather vague post here both talk of the bad experiences that have sadly befallen one person. A more balanced view that you could gather by reading the numerous threads on this forum are that there are good and bad YO's and good and bad livery clients.

The trick is to find the good ones on both sides. I hope your neighbour finds a yard tenant who is equally happy to be on the yard.

Fun Times

Visit site
I particularly like the statement that the horse people that responded to the advert to rent the yard were mainly wasters with no get up and go. I presume their get up and go had got up and gone having been very busy what with being on the game, stealing clippers and carting car batteries around. I guess after all that I would be too tired to practice my dressage too....

TandD

Visit site
Do 'Benefits People' really wander around the countryside on the off chance of finding pesky Benefits claimants daring to sully the peace and quiet of the countryside? I had no idea.

Sincerely. From someone who has never stolen a car battery...what would I do with one I wonder, if only I knew a Fence :rolleyes3: Also... never been a part of the adult film industry. I was in a film once though, but I was a mermaid. Family viewing, nothing fishy about it.

I particularly like the statement that the horse people that responded to the advert to rent the yard were mainly wasters with no get up and go. I presume their get up and go had got up and gone having been very busy what with being on the game, stealing clippers and carting car batteries around. I guess after all that I would be too tired to practice my dressage too....

Thank you for giving me such a good laugh at this hour in the morning!

Myhorseeatsmoney

Visit site
Sorry Frosty I think you must have frostbite to your brain as your message seems totally addled. When you have thawed out please give us more accurate information otherwise I am afraid you will just continue to sound as if you have monumental brain freeze.

millies

Visit site
I would just like to throw out there that I work within the adult industary, along side ‘normal‘ work and i most certainaly DO NOT steal from or trash the yard i am on. I pay my livery o time, do my own repairs and tidy up after myself. Nor do i use the yard for buisness!!! i think the yo is quite clearly very judgemental, though not a very good judge of character. Where did he find these people...

Ladyinred

Visit site
This is possibly the most bizarre thread I have read. The OP makes little or no sense at all.. she says she doesn't have a horse.. then why is she so obsessed with an empty livery yard and running back to the owner with HHO replies?? A very odd person methinks, and possibly more worrying than the thieves and scoundrels she imagines exist in the horse world.