Delivery times for online equestrian retailers

khalswitz

Visit site
I order from two different online equestrian retailers on the 2nd of January - Robinsons and Equestrian Clearance. Both I have ordered from before and been very pleased with.

Well, I received my products from Robinsons on Thursday, which was 1 week (4 or 5 working days depending on whether the 2nd was a public holiday in England as it is in Scotland) later - that was fine. Equestrian Clearance isn't delivering til Tuesday, which will be 12 days after ordering (8 working days). I only got notified of dispatch on Friday, which was 8 days (and 6 working days) after ordering.

Am I just grumpy because of the cold, and irritated because I am impatient, or would you be a bit miffed as well? Or is it just the time of year!!

TequilaMist

Visit site
Maybe because of new year/christmas?
I have always found Equestrian Clearance delivery time really quick 2/3 days,sometimes even next day.

be positive

Visit site
I ordered from Equestrian clearance and did not read the terms correctly when placing the order so was waiting longer than I expected, they state something like 5-7 days to process the order then another 5-7 days to dispatch, it is in the small print that you tend to skim over and I just saw the 5-7 day part, the delivery was prompt once sent and goods were as ordered so that was a bonus considering I had ordered from elsewhere and it took several days for them to tell me they did not have what I wanted in stock, despite it going through online, then another 3 weeks to refund my money.

khalswitz

Visit site
Maybe because of new year/christmas?
I have always found Equestrian Clearance delivery time really quick 2/3 days,sometimes even next day.

I've normally found them really quick, hence why I'm a bit huffy. I was starting to think they'd forgotten about me...

blood_magik - I know they can take 5 days from dispatch, but they only dispatched on Friday, so arriving Tuesday is fine. However to not hear anything from them for over a week before dispatch was getting me a bit grumpy. I got my Robinsons dispatch alert on Monday - 5 whole days earlier! So it's been the gaffing around before dispatching that seems to have taken 6 working days...

I'm just a massive grump because my house is freezing and I'm really impatient to use that stuff!!

khalswitz

Visit site
I ordered from Equestrian clearance and did not read the terms correctly when placing the order so was waiting longer than I expected, they state something like 5-7 days to process the order then another 5-7 days to dispatch, it is in the small print that you tend to skim over and I just saw the 5-7 day part, the delivery was prompt once sent and goods were as ordered so that was a bonus considering I had ordered from elsewhere and it took several days for them to tell me they did not have what I wanted in stock, despite it going through online, then another 3 weeks to refund my money.

Ah, right... you're right, didn't read the super small print. I noticed up to five days for delivery, which is standard, but I thought six working days was a long time to get things dispatched...

I will remember that next time. Although as I've said they've been very quick when I've used them previously... but two weeks from order to delivery seemed very long!!

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
I had the same with Equestrian Clearance, don't think I'll be ordering from them again.
I also recently bought a pair of HKM jods from an eBay shop, bought and paid for on the 26th, marked as dispatched on 28th, and I had a message off them this Friday (9th!) to say that they'd only been dispatched that morning. And then they turned up yesterday (10th) and they're the wrong ones. I understand that mistakes are made, but they had 14 days to get my order right and lied to me about item being dispatched.

Tim's Girl

Visit site
never ordered form equestrian clearance so cant comment. robinsons ususally good when they have sizes in stock. everytime i have gone to order all what i want is out of stock in both mine and my horses size so gave up. Mainly use hope valley saddlery if online. last order i did from them from order (evening) to arrival was 5 days (had to delay delivery by one day as no one in). they use courier who text you your delivery day. Preequestrian on ebay really good as well. ordered fri due del on the tues. horse wearing rug on the weds!! happy me and horse

hnmisty

Visit site
I ordered from hope valley around lunchtime, rug arrived the next morning!

Haven't ordered from EC or Robinson's for quite a while, but both were always faiy prompt.

lula

Visit site
Hey, you goods actually arrived didnt they? and within 4 months? id call that a result the way some equestrian 'suppliers' operate. ;)

lula

Visit site
I ordered from hope valley around lunchtime, rug arrived the next morning!

Haven't ordered from EC or Robinson's for quite a while, but both were always faiy prompt.

Hope Valley a d Premier equine are fab for prompt delivery. I dont mind waiting up to 2 weeks for an item from a supplier as long as they keep me informed of any delay and i dont have to chase them.

khalswitz

Visit site
Hope Valley a d Premier equine are fab for prompt delivery. I dont mind waiting up to 2 weeks for an item from a supplier as long as they keep me informed of any delay and i dont have to chase them.

I don't mind waiting if I know an item is out of stock or there is something giving an idea of dispatch date. All EC's page told me wa stat my order was 'submitted', and was at that status for a week before I heard about dispatch. Robinsons was 'processing' until the order arrived on Thursday!!

I once ordered a personalised embroidered blouson from a company well recommended on here. I placed the order, it said up to month before dispatch. Waited. Six weeks later nothing from them. I emailed, I face booked, I phoned, never got an reply. At two months, I made one last phone call before looking to report them, and I got hold of someone who said my jacket was just waiting for dispatch. Lovely jacket when it came, but I got so stressed being unable to get anyone and with dispatch being double the stated length.

It makes me anxious when I don't hear.

Last edited:

samlf

Visit site
I ordered from Robinsons last week too, ordered on the Wednesday early afternoon for express (next day) delivery as needed fairly urgently. Called them to find out if it was going to be dispatched on the Wednesday afternoon but was told I'd missed the cut off time by 14 minutes and there was nothing they could do about it, which was a shame.
Assumed it would then be dispatched the next morning, but order was still showing as processing at 2pm on Thursday so used their online chat to ask when it would be sent, was told it would be sent that day but they couldn't give me a time. That just left me wondering that if they weren't actually sent at 1pm they could have put my order through on weds as it was express delivery afterall!

Friday morning it was then showing as sent, but the tracking number was A) wrong and B) didn't give you a company to actually track with. So used the online chat for them again, and was told they didn't put tracking numbers on their website (despite the fact I was looking right at it!!), so I explained to them that they were incorrect. They eventually gave me the correct tracking number (one digit different to what was online) and the company it was sent with.

It did arrive on the Friday afternoon so was still next day technically, but I cant help thinking about how poor their customer service was!