Dengie Hi Fi Molasses free? Anyone feeding it?

Kenzo

Visit site
Yes I feed it with sugarbeat, fastfibre and the Dengie Alfa A Oil.

There is one thing however I have noticed with my latest bag, not sure if they have added something else to it but it has this strange sweet sickly smell to it now. :confused:

ThePony

Visit site
I would feed it if
a) my feed store stocked it, or
b) it was cheaper than the current no molasses chaff I'm using.
But because of a I'm unlikely to find out b!!

I feed topspec topchop lite (no added sugar chaff, with some dried mint added). I feed it with water (posh mum me!) or a little sloppy sugar beet to put their supplements in. Both ours love it.

LadyRascasse

Visit site
hifi molasses free works out at 58p a kilo in the south just to give you an idea festiveneighs, i would feed it if i had my mare back as i don't like giving to much sugar to horses as they get enough naturally from grass hay etc.

lochpearl

Visit site
Ok so what is the difference between that, the hifi lite and the good doer?? I am looking for something with no calories for my chaps but to give them something to eat with their supplements.

ThePony

Visit site
hifi lite and good doer both have sugar added in the form of a low sugar molasses. I won't feed mine food with sugar added to it (blows their mind and messes with their feet!) which is why I choose a non-molassed chaff. I think the good doer is designed as a complete feed, but if you are adding supplements anyway you may find you are better off with just a chaff.

Jesstickle

Visit site
I feed it and mine seems to really like it. It has something in to make it palatable because it smells like herbs. She prefers it to alfaA which surprised me a bit but I'm glad she does. She doesn't like the nuts in it though. (There are just a few mixed in, I assume grass nuts?) She leaves them. But out of a whole scoop there are probably about six in there so hardly a big issue!

Milkmaid

Visit site
I feed it with Baileys lo-cal and they love it!

I also feed Sloppy A&P Fast Fibre soaked with warm water with it when the weather is this cold as a way of getting extra fluid into them. No other concentrates just good quality hage.