Denim breeches recommendations please

Muddywellies

Visit site
Are there actually any comfortable but durable denim breeches out there? I can't find a pair that last. Tried Derby House (albeit not recently), Bridleway (extremely poor and returned to shop after 1 week) and most recently, Dublin Shona. The Dublin are rediculously comfortable but yesterday noticed wear at the crotch after just a few weeks. I'm loathed to spend a fortune as I yo-yo diet and am currently sporting an amazing lockdown belly! But as I'm curvy, I need a nice stretchy pair. Do comfy hardwearing, realistically priced denim breeches exist??

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
My advice is don't do it. I've got the stretchy Dublin ones with full seat but I don't find them comfortable to ride in. They just don't stretch well enough over the knee to be comfortable enough. I can ride in them if I need to but they're not my first choice. As for yard work obviously they're uncomfortable when wet.

The only thing I like them for is when I need to go to the stables and then somewhere else, eg get the horse in and then go for a pub lunch...but plain black breeches would do the same job.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
The montar ones on hope valley look ok anything with a full seat I find is not great, I have some kids toggi denim ones they were only £5 and they are really comfy I wear them loads but have never seen them again.

Muddywellies

Visit site
My advice is don't do it. I've got the stretchy Dublin ones with full seat but I don't find them comfortable to ride in. They just don't stretch well enough over the knee to be comfortable enough. I can ride in them if I need to but they're not my first choice. As for yard work obviously they're uncomfortable when wet.

The only thing I like them for is when I need to go to the stables and then somewhere else, eg get the horse in and then go for a pub lunch...but plain black breeches would do the same job.
I've probably got shorter legs than you as never found them a problem over the knee. I find them super comfy (tho not full seat ones which arent at all comfy) Just so frustrsting that they wear out so fast, despite paying fifty odd pounds for them.

Muddywellies

Visit site
The montar ones on hope valley look ok anything with a full seat I find is not great, I have some kids toggi denim ones they were only £5 and they are really comfy I wear them loads but have never seen them again.
I'll have a look (hopefully they make them big enough!)

2ndtimearound

Visit site
I love my Mark Todd ones - comfy to ride in, high on the waist (I hate hipsters!) and smart enough that the other day my friend asked if I was going to change into breeches to ride ?

I have a pair of these too, and really like them, but I've only ridden in them once so far due to lockdown and now the hot weather. The only thing I've found is that the bottom half of the legs (below the knee) is slightly too big for my skinny calves. That could be a bonus for those of you with the opposite problem though!

jenni:)

Visit site
I have some from Aldi, I must have had them 5 years and they are only just starting to wear on the crotch, soo comfy though! They have a brown full seat so don't look like proper jeans unless you're riding, but only cost £25. Wish I could find some more :(

Muddywellies

Visit site
Ok I've researched them all and actually stumbled across Equetech. I've ordered a pair tho not confident about the sizing. Fingers crossed. Let's hope for over £80 they fit well and last longer than Bridleway and Dublin.

jnb

Visit site
I asked on here and everyone recommended the Dublin Shona, I ordered and love them but have only worn a few times as weather too hot
However I have managed to find a pair of the Equetech Grip seat denim breeches for £40 so I have them sat ready to test if it cools down! I ordered a 32" waist which I think is 16/18
They seem relatively flexible, I will report back when I have worn them
PS if you are a 32" I have a friend who has a few pairs for sale £40ish as she has a shop & is clearing them

mossycup

Visit site
I had 2 pairs of the Georgian dollar ones - they are gorgeous but I need a high rise waistband and they are a very neat fit, so unless I lose half a stone, I can't ride in them! They are a 14 but really a 12

Muddywellies

Visit site
I asked on here and everyone recommended the Dublin Shona, I ordered and love them but have only worn a few times as weather too hot
However I have managed to find a pair of the Equetech Grip seat denim breeches for £40 so I have them sat ready to test if it cools down! I ordered a 32" waist which I think is 16/18
They seem relatively flexible, I will report back when I have worn them
PS if you are a 32" I have a friend who has a few pairs for sale £40ish as she has a shop & is clearing them
It's the dublin shona that have worn out after two weeks. I'm really surprised as I haven't put any strain on the stitching and seams as I got a size up so as to be extra comfy. But they have worn at the crotch already (been worn about 10 or 12 times).

Micropony

Visit site
I've had several pairs of the Greys and Bays before in various colours and love them. Wore one pair out, but definitely got my money's worth first! Really comfy. Sadly the lockdown pounds mean I don't quite fit into them at the moment!