Dentist and back man

lapetitebruyere

Visit site
Being a complete newbie to the area, can anyone recommend a horsey dentist and back man for the Edinburgh area?

Going to put my boy through his MOT soon, so will be looking to have him all checked out.

Thanks.

holeymoley

Visit site
Really like Brian Smith and ive always used him, but couldn't find his contact info last year? Ended up having to get a vet out which was extortionate:rolleyes:

EventingMum

Visit site
Have sent you a pm.

Re a back person, there are some I would definitely avoid, it also depends on what sort of back person you want - I use a chiropractor and a physio and have been happy with them, I have heard some good reports on a osteopath but have no personal experience of them. Up here there a number of unqualified edts and back people about and whilst some people happily use them that doesn't sit well with me personally and having heard a couple of horror stories I always wonder what the consequences would be if things go wrong ie if you subsequently tried to claim on your insurance.

lapetitebruyere

Visit site
Thanks guys... now I have a few names for dentists, so I will hopefully be able to get one of them out soon...

Still open to suggestions for a "back man".... Anyone have any experiences of Ben Holohan?

TPO

Visit site
I'm reluctant to ever recommend anyone as I've used so many people who then go on to disappoint.

However I have no hesitation in recommending James Spy as and EDT. He has a degree in equine dentistry and is BEVA/BAEDT qualified and registered. I'd thoroughly check out the credentials of everyone before using them ;)

James always does a fantastic job and has a way with horses. My horse is normally a saint but he's terrified getting his teeth done. James has always taken his time and worked with Doobie. Last time he was out Doobs stood like a rock and this is all down to James's handling of the previous situations.

I really can't recommend him highly enough.

Re 'backs': what type of therapist were you looking for? Again I'd ensure that whoever you used was fully qualified, registered and issued. There are a lot of cowboys out there. A search of names on here usually brings up some feedback.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
What does that mean, he’s very good.

Welcome to the forum. This thread is 10 years old. It means that 10 years ago that poster had at least one bad experience with him. Nothing has been said since and this thread was dead and buried in the past and you've brought it right to everyone's attention. If I were you I would ask Admin to remove your post and my reply. There is a "report" button at the bottom left of your post.

fergalh06

New User
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. This thread is 10 years old. It means that 10 years ago that poster had at least one bad experience with him. Nothing has been said since and this thread was dead and buried in the past and you've brought it right to everyone's attention. If I were you I would ask Admin to remove your post and my reply. There is a "report" button at the bottom left of your post.
What are you on about

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
What are you on about

The last post before yours on this thread was made in 2013. You have resurrected a long dead thread, in the process reminding everyone that at least one person on the forum had a very bad experience with the man whose reputation you joined the forum to defend.

You've done completely the reverse of what you intended.