depressing day...

Skhosu

Visit site
So we sent the trial horse back..and then had to decide to pull my eventer from tomoorows event.
mad.gif
frown.gif

He' sbeen not right all week but we were going to take him and do dressage and see how it went.
It's so frustrating as he's nearly right, just not quite there. There's one new lump, almost like a splint but no heat, he's had it a couple of weeks and no problems (came through at PC camp). He went hopping lame saturday, sunday, sounder monday and then has been at this sort of 90% soundness. I guess if he's not better by tuesday it'll be a trip to the vets.
Oh, and his nose has started to run again, brown goopy stuff so we'll probably need more antibiotics, which will probably have to be injected and he's needle-phobic.
I can just see a month off being the reccomendation from the vet, it would be typical as he's just going well and the season is half-way through. We were even thinking of going to novice at the event after this one.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Horses....
Send 'sound' vibes my way please!

loobylu

Visit site
***soundness vibes***
but seriously it has been an awwful season ground wise so a few weeks without the pressure might do your lads legs a whole lot of good! Headstart for next year-think of it that way. I know its crap really but....

Skhosu

Visit site
aye, but typically the ground has just got better....-tears hair out-.
But I think I'm right in doing this aren't I? I had him plaited for dressage and all but I just feel he's not a 100%, so I shouldn't risk him should I?
Thanks!

loobylu

Visit site
Course you are! You can't be wrong saving him for another day can you? Yes, you might have gone really well but equally he may have doen more damage. I know how hard it is- my mare was off last year for 7 months with an unidentified lameness. Had x ray, scans etc and was only 2/10 lame so really frustrating! You will gte others who will tell you differnt but ignore them- I got TOLD to bute her up for PC interbranch-like hell was that a good idea.
mad.gif
Go you!