Derby horse market - prices?

Inchy

Visit site
I need another companion shetland, and would rather take on something that NEEDS a home, rather than the pretty little well bred ones that i see advertised everywhere that are more likely to find a home. I've spoken to all the rescue places, and non locally have any little ones for rehoming and the ones that do i'm not close enough for them to let me have one!

Ive never bought at a market before, however i have been to Derby market and noticed a lot of the little ones aren't in a particularly good state! i can deal with young, old, skinny (or too fat!), bad feet, worms, lice etc...don't care if its not got breed papers.

Does anyone know how much these little guys normal sell for? whilst i don't mind paying, i don't want to line somebodies pockets who makes a living out of selling ponies in poor condition because mugs (like me) feel sorry for them.

So, anyone who's been pony shopping at derby market...what have you paid? and for what?

Inchy x

lastchancer

www.facebook.com
Rough Shettie's will make anything between £10-£100 at a sale, you could also try preloved, I have seen a few advertised free to good home in the notts/derbys area.

Inchy

Visit site
Rough Shettie's will make anything between £10-£100 at a sale, you could also try preloved, I have seen a few advertised free to good home in the notts/derbys area.

really? I better go back and look at preloved again...i've only seen ones that are £250 minimum! and most of them are colt, i'd rather have a mare or a gelding!!

Thanks for the guide prices for Derby :)