Derby House - anyone had problems??

Hels_Bells

Visit site
I ordered some boots from DH on my birthday a month ago. At the time they said 7-14 days for delivery which I was fine with. Well, it's now exact;y a month to the day and they still haven't arrived. I have called twice and each time recieved the reply that they will be in in the next few days but still nothing. I was also told I should be recieving a letter regarding the delay but haven't. :(:(:(

I'm mostly just miffed that they have done nothing from a cust service point of view to apologise for the delay - I have had to contact them. I have had to pay nearly £5 for delivery for something that is ridiculously late so I wonder if I should ask for a refund on postage at least. Am just beginning to wonder if they will ever rock up!!!? :mad:

Has anyone else had similar problems and what did you do!??

mytwofriends

Visit site
I've heard quite a few negative things about DH, in fact there have been a few threads on here about them. Ironically I've never had a problem and my stuff has always arrived on time (although I have to admit I haven't ordered anything from them recently).

Hope you eventually get your boots ...... :confused:

dibbin

Visit site
I asked them to order some Sealskinz gloves in for me (we've got a store nearby), they said they'd get in touch when they were in. 2 weeks - nothing, so I phoned them. They'd be in soon. A month - nothing, I phoned them again. They were still waiting, but would have them in the next few days.

I gave up after 3 months of waiting.

Helanw

Visit site
I would say 31 days is just too much especially when they have had your money all that time! call them but ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them that if they dont arrive with you in the next couple of days you expect a full refund! Are they Derby house boots or can you get them elsewhere ?

Hels_Bells

Visit site
They are actually derby house boots but woof wear do similar ones for a bit more. They're the thermal mucker boot type ones. I think you're right I should ask for a refund and get something else!!

vam

Visit site
Im currently trying to get show shirt that i ordered on 20/08. So far ive rung up and got told end of sept, rung again when nothing turnt up but got fed up being on hold, loose the will to live then finally get hold of someone today, not in stock, cant get hold of the stock room to see when in and will ring me back. Funny enough no call back.
I also did there 'buy one get one free' offer on breeches at end of aug. Got one pair straight away, still waiting for the other, called got told 15/09, nothing, got and email saying will be sent week starting 04/10, still nothing, asked today and said will check with stock room and call back.
Im going to cancel the shirt but i want the breeches asap. Not impressed :mad:

golddustsara

Visit site
I ordered an exercise blanket on Boxing Day last year. It was ''being delivered'' for a month then they decided they didn't have it. Got refunded but even that took a while and they'd had my money for well over a month.

TicTac

Visit site
I will never be ordering from Derby House again. I had the same problem with A fleece rug ordered online. 6 weeks down the line and still no rug with all the usual excuses. I cancelled the order.

Hels_Bells

Visit site
Hmm. Sounds like a few others have had rotten luck with them. Cheeky b***ers for doing this to people again and again!!

I've only ever used them once before (and can't for the life of me remember what it was I ordered) but I don't think I'll bother again. I think I'll ask for a refund the get the slightly more expensive woof version from the stalwart that is rideaway!!

wishaway

Visit site
Yey big up Rideaway. Do you know why they are so good? They sell good makes at good prices.. two other companies that I won't mention buy cheap s**t from China so no wonder it is never in stock. I can 99999...% guarantee I have more experience of these 3 companies than anyone in the world and Rideaway is the way to go.

dominobrown

Visit site
Took over 2 months for stuff to come after various emails and phone calls. Also lady on the phone was quite rude.
Will stick with Ride-away in the future, or robinsons never had a problem with either!

minkymoo

Visit site
Yup, I ordered a HW stable rug and it still hadn't arrived after 10 days. I admit I was fairly impatient, but I had requested 'quick' delivery. I phoned up to find out where it was to be told it wasn't in stock, I found this so annoying, I cancelled it.

I ordered the same rug at only £1 more from Equestrian Clearance on the Tuesday, I got an email to say it had been dispatched Wednesday morning and it arrived at my OHs work at 5pm later that day! Amazing.

I've decided that EQ is the way forward for me from now on.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I've had good orders from them, and bad ones - the worst was a three month wait! They're often just as bad in the store. I went in on a midweek morning once, and had to ask someone to help me find something, they acted as if I was being the biggest problem ever. So, when I got to the checkout and it was the same lady, I didn't "waste her time" by telling her that she'd rung the wrong boots in, and got my clarendons for £20 less than they should have been! Not like me at all, but they wind you up that much...!!

I've also had a three month wait from Robinsons, who couldn't understand why I was annoyed - "its not us, its our suppliers..." I demanded to speak to a supervisor, and suggested they did some service recovery (I work in customer services myself, and would never get away with treating customers the way they were!) They sent me a £5 voucher! Gave us a giggle!

Rideaway stick in my mind for something years ago that happened too, so they don't get brownie points from me.

It seems like many tack shops are hopeless - both on and off the internet! I sometimes think that if you set up a reliable, good one you could clean up!

Perrie

Visit site
I have ordered over the years boots, rugs, gloves, headcollars, leadropes & other bits can't remember everything from DH & have never had any problems from them at all & all delivered within 7 days.

I suppose from reading these posts i must be one of the lucky ones.

XxX

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
I ordered some boots at the start of August and so far have had 5 "promised" delivery dates....still waiting for them.

I dont think they care at how annoyed I am - it doesnt seem to make a difference to them!