Derby House - order problems?

Shay

Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with orders from Derby House just now? I've ordered a few sets of items from thier current special offer ranges, including a couple of sets from the "two for 25" thing. But now I'm starting to get emails saying that items have been included in error or were not available with the result that I have to pay the full price for the other half.

And despite having no delivery options available other than the expensive "express" I'm still waiting for a single item to be dispatched even though the first over was over 10 days ago!

Anyone else had this?

glamourpuss

Visit site
I think if you'd asked 'is there anybody who HASN'T had problems with Derby House' you wouldn't have got many replies!

They are notoriously bad so much so that I wouldn't even attempt to order anything from them no matter how good the deal looked....which is a shame because I love their breeches :(

TBH I'm surprised, given their terrible form & track record that anyone believed the 2 for £25 deal at all!

jael

Visit site
I tried to order a Racesafe body protector from them recently. There was no communication and no timeline of delivery. I eventually gave up, asked for a refund, which they did there and then and bought from Ebay! I think they are running two different product catalogues which don't always gel with the descriptions, stock levels, etc which complicates things.

JulesRules

Visit site
If you order something displayed at a certain price do they not then have an obligation to sell it to you at that price?

Edit - answering my own question...Just read up on it and says no obligation if they have not accepted payment or sent an confirmation email. Surprise surprise I have had no confirmation email - now to check if they have taken payment...watch this space...

Last edited:

WelshD

Visit site
I placed two separate orders for the 2for£25 deal.

One order of two lovely heavyweight rugs has arrived no problems

The other order is still processing after a week, I purposefully chose items that were in stock too!

I'm still keeping the faith for now

RIDMagic

Visit site
Derby House are an absolute NIGHTMARE. They have given me 3 £10 vouchers in the last couple of months by way of apology for all their messing about.

If their website says something's in stock, it probably isn't. If they say your order will be despatched today, it probably won't. If they say it's going to be despatched this week, it probably won't. If they say they'll call you back with an update, they probably won't. All in all, they are hopeless.

Having said that, they send me emails every day, sometimes more than once, with offers that I simply can't resist! More fool me...

Mrs C

Visit site
I placed an order for 5 things a month ago. 1 ítem was sent after 2 weeks, 1 after 3 weeks and 1 Monday. All showed as in stock when I ordered. So 4 trips to the post office grr! Thats if the last one materialises!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
25.06.2013: Re: derby house 2 for £25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE "Call me a sceptic but I hope everyone receives what they ordered promptly I do however expect a thread in a few weeks regarding non delivery & lost orders etc, remember this is Derby House! "

Some how I just knew this was going to happen, it always happens. I don't know why people waste their time with the hassle that any order with Derby House brings!! :(

swampdonkey

Visit site
I had read all the doubts about Derby House and was hoping that I wouldn't have a problem.
Ordered show jacket and travel boots in the 2 for £25. \too good to be true but worth a shot!!
Well as you all warned, let down :(
I rang them today as they had taken my money on the 25th June and no sign or email so rang and was informed they would not be selling me my order as they did not have the items!!

Cheek to take the money though!

They will refund me today (apparently) and send me a gift voucher!
How long would it have taken to get a refund if I hadn't have telephoned!

I have bought many things from them and never had a problem before but no more!
How do I block their emails as I get one or two every day??

Lynsey&Smartie

Visit site
I ordered from the 2 for £25 sale a week ago and chased today to be told that it had been sent from the shop to the warehouse and would then be despatched. Fingers crossed it's true! The last order I made from there took 3 months to come and only then when I chased it and then it wasn't right when it arrived, the current offer was just to good to miss though (if it actually comes that is!).

cattysmith

Visit site
They are a terrible ghastly company. I really think they must be run by that man who owns Ryan Air...they are THAT bad.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Derby House survive because they know that people will be tempted in with their ridiculously cheap offers. It's human greed wanting something for nothing..........the big problem is they reverse it........... customers pay something & Derby House send nothing! :(

I hope everyone learns from yet another Derby House Disaster, they are about as much good as E&L Insurance........... Don't waste your time with them!!!

FlyingCircus

Visit site
3 of the items I ordered on the 25th, I have just found out today, the do not have. So they are refunding me for these items...and that's that.

Lesee how the other 6 items fair...

Capriole

Visit site
I hope everyone learns from yet another Derby House Disaster, they are about as much good as E&L Insurance........... Don't waste your time with them!!!

Spot on.

I must admit I did a little snort-laugh when I saw this thread title...was expecting it :)

magicmoose

Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if they go into receivership some time soon. Desperate advertising and lots of items out of stock doesn't look like a strong business to me.

WelshD

Visit site
Well astonishingly I have had an email to tell me that my second order from the 2 for £25 offer has been despatched so it looks like I will get everything I ordered

I think there are definite bargains to be had with these sorts of companies but have to say I would never 'gamble' more than I could afford to lose and will always make big purchases and urgent purchases from my local tack shop

glitterfuzz

Visit site
Anyone that ordered dubarry boots on offer, phone for a refund. Having spoken to Dubarry, they have no stock at Derby house and will not be getting anymore!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Waetherbeeta travel boots, show jacket and several pairs of breeches are NOT available.

If you have ordered these please phone to check your order as they dont automatically refund you it would seem.

glitterfuzz

Visit site
If they dont have the stock they just keep your money! They need reporting to trading standards, I will never be using them again

myprincess

Visit site
A couple of year ago I ordered a rug, waited a month it never came so I rang them and they told me it would be in stock in 8 weeks!! Why didn't they tell me that when I ordered it !! Got a refund and told them not to bother.
Recently I ordered a Weatherbeeta fleece at a bargain price, paid for it etc then a few days later I got a phone call from them saying the pricing was wrong and they couldn't sell it me a that price so instead sent me one of their own economy fleeces for same price.
Then a week ago I ordered a couple of numnahs and I'm still waiting for them to come, this is the last time I will be buying anything from them, they are useless!!!!

Hiddenchance1

New User
Visit site
I'm having the same issues with a pair of Kinpurnie Boots that I ordered on 28th June and they still haven't arrived depsite numerous chasers on my part! Grrr!

Never ever again. They recon they will be in on Monday however we'll see.......

ludlow

Visit site
I just phoned to cancel my order...placed it on 19th June! Have phoned them twice to be told its in the process of being dispatched. Hmmm rightio! I never had problems with them up until now and its been ridiculous for an item showing as in stock and being dispatched within 2 days when I ordered!

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
This is all very useful information for prospective customers of DH, but, just curious here, how are we allowed to post such information about DH and, indeed, E&L, but are not allowed to post bad (or even positive) experiences with dealers?

twilight01

Visit site
Having a nightmare with them - a few weeks ago visited store - nothing in - not a treat in site (for boredom breaker) and very little stock - there was a rug in the sale with no price - I asked the assistant to be told to look online - hence I logged a complaint - no reply :(

Ordered a fly rug said delivery 2-4 days rang up after 4 days to be told none in stock and that timescale is from despatch but there is not timescale for how long that might be!!!! Rang manager of store to complain and 3 days later still no return of call, finally spoke to supervisor today but not really any joy. I have never heard of an estimated day of delivery actually being from date of despatch not date of order or that it is allowed to say things in stock which aren't.

Never had a major problem with them before this but will certainly think again there customer service gets worse and worse - I even told them when they said we'll ring you back that I don't believe them they weren't bothere. :mad:

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
I went to the shop recently and it was dire. There's hardly anything in stock but they've got a Farmers Market section, complete with butchers! Strange direction to go in. They won't be around for much longer I suspect.