Derby house wrightington

debbielinder

Visit site
Is the Wrightington Derby House store still open? last time i went there they had a nice cafe some toys and nothing else but recently i've seen reviews online for the store in the last few months saying that its good? dont want to drive up if it hasn't got anything its a long way to go for a cup of tea! last time i ordered stuff online from Derby House and returned it it cost me a fortune in postage

Thanks
Debbie

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
no horsey stuff at all. and it was embarrassing when I went in all in my horsey gear smelling of horses, and I was surrounded by posh folk buying bone china tea cups!!! ha ha ha

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Haha oh dear. Its a shame as i dont rate there online shopping service at all oh well have to find another tack shop.

Many people on here have ordered from them during the past month and have found the items arrive very quickly and are of good quality. I have had two orders in the past couple of weeks. One arrived the very next day.

debbielinder

Visit site
Maybe they've improved i waited over 3 weeks for a rug last year that was in stock, and 4 days for boots that i paid for next day delivery. And i had to return them as they didnt fit which cost £23!

michelledud

Visit site
I had a hellish experience with them a couple of years ago when they failed to send me my items greatly reduced in their sale and in 2/3 times a week phone calls to them during the six week dispute, they insisted on telling me the boots were no longer manufactured, when in reality I contacted the manufacturer who told me they were in stock and available and hadn't been discontinued at all, and the manufacturer hadn't even received any recent orders from Derby House!
(Two pairs of Equilibrium turnout boots in extra small, reduced from £40 to £10)
I fully believe to this day that they'd reduced them to the wrong price and just didn't want to make such a big loss on the order.
They eventually sent me my boots after several calls to the customer service manager who never called me back when she said she would.
I think they just got sick of me calling. I just received my order one day, no apology, nothing.

I vowed never to order from them again, but got tempted by their 25% off all boots offer last week. My boots arrived two days later.

I still haven't forgiven them though and will only consider ordering from them again if the price is unbeatable or I am absolutely desperate!

BlackRider

Visit site
I too mourn the loss of the shop as I live 5 mins away.

I've used their online service a few times and they've been really good.

if you want to go to an actual shop there is Oakfield, which is kind of ok.

debbielinder

Visit site
I'm based in Liverpool, we have a Robinsons 20 mins from me but that's rubbish never have what you want. Derby house was about half an hour away but it was a good store so worth the drive. Hope valley at
Somerford is my next local one but the store isn't huge and its mostly expensive stuff so maybe a trip to Naylors equestrian is on the cards its about an hour away but i've heard good things about it

michelledud

Visit site
I love Oakfield and it's only a bit further north up the M6 than Derby House was. I'm almost glad Derby House closed otherwise I might never have gone there!! 😊

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
There is Robinsons down the road from you as well (if you only live 5 mins away from Derby House?) Oakfield is great! But Robinsons in good because you can have lunch and a cake mmmm!!!