Derby House.

littlen

Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with Derby house? How are the delivery times etc?

I have decided on a pair of Toggi Calgary boots. I cant find any in local tack shops so have to look online. The only place i have found that stocks my size and the boots in black are derby house, but they say delivery times 7-10 days.
Robinsons have the brown version for £10 cheaper, and i may have to compramise and get the brown if i cant find anywhere reputable to order from!

Any experiences would be great!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I dont think Im being defamatory here - since this is purely based on my personal experience and I am not saying they're like this all the time by any means! My most recent order with them was earlier this year from one of their Wednesday sales... the item didnt arrive after 3 weeks of waiting so I phoned them and was told the item was out of stock.... however my money had been taken and nobody had told me of this... A friend of mine had the same problem.

Id personally get it from Robinsons, or check Shires - they're good.

littlen

Visit site
Thanks, TDS, ride away and shires all dont have them in. So far i have only found derby house or robinsons. Looks like i wil have to go for brown instead, or go for the mountain horse rimfrost rider instead of the calgarys!

djlynwood

Visit site
I have had good service from DH.

I ordered 2 pairs of Pikeur breeches The delivery driver had put a note through my door to say that they were left in the back garden as there was no answer when he knocked.

I could not find the parcel and contacted DH. They were very helpful and rang me back when promised after speaking to the courier. They courier was adamant he left them but he got into trouble for not obtaining a signiture. I felt awful about this but it wasnt my fault.

DH sent the delivery again.

black_horse

Visit site
DH have shown me nothing but awful service! goods taking a month to arrive, no contact with me/them, wrong size and colour finally arrived, refund taking ages to go through etc.

4leggedfurries

Sunny Somerset - surrounded by bare scorched field
Visit site
I must be one of the chosen few..! I've never had any problems with DH, always been on time with the deliverys never been out of stock, helpful customer service. And went out of their way to help me in the big winter sale when i was after a particular rug. It was 'out of stock' on thier website and i called them up on the off chance that there was one floating around somewhere, she checked the system found one, ordered it for me and i received it within about 4 days.

mtj

Visit site
Derby house can be very slow, and I have experienced items being out of stock after the order, but when they have their discount promotions, they are unbeatable.

Having a weakness for pikeur breeches, I'm willing to wait a few weeks if they are 25% reduced.
wink.gif

Lotty

Visit site
They used to be pretty good.

My last order was over 2weeks ago and its just arrived this morming!!

lauraandjack

Visit site
I have found their mail order to be ok, but the shop (flagship store) to be useless.

Ex OH lived nearby, so used to pop in whenever I went to visit his parents. The place was pants, everything you wanted as long as it was pink and sparkly, but very poor range of stock that you might actually have wanted. And as for menswear, don't waste your time. (I did actually have a horsey OH, pity it didn't last)

I think they are catering to a certain niche of the market! I tend to use Ride Away now.

DW Team

Visit site
I have nothing but rude and bad service from DH and will never shop there again last order has so far taken about 20+ calls and 7 weeks later still waiting for my boots. Money taken off credit card when placed the order and still waiting. I have now contacted my credit card company and they are looking into it. They have given every excuss that you can think of. Out of stock, lost in post, never had the order is that latest reason so how come they took money off my credit card?

Dogstar

Visit site
My experience with DH was of terrible customer service, they couldn't care less that my saddle didn't fit! I swore never to use them again...and haven't!