Derbymed Cutargent?

Horsekaren

Visit site
Has anyone got any experience with these products? ideally precative and the Cutargent cream/foam?

I cant find any information or reviews on it anywhere.

taranana

Visit site
My vet suggested it for a patch of persistent mud fever on my 23 year old mare but it didn’t help. However it turned out that it was not a straightforward (is there ever such a thing?) mud fever. I am currently using it on a patch of rain scald on a younger horse with some success but it could just be coincidence

Horsekaren

Visit site
My vet suggested it for a patch of persistent mud fever on my 23 year old mare but it didn’t help. However it turned out that it was not a straightforward (is there ever such a thing?) mud fever. I am currently using it on a patch of rain scald on a younger horse with some success but it could just be coincidence
Thank you, ooo I hope it’s not coincidence, I’ve got high hopes with it being a foam and not a gloopy cream.

did you use the spray for scabs too? If so did it work? I’m not dealing with mud fever it’s hyperkeritosis so I’m a bit worried it might sting his skin, potions that melt scabs make me suspicious lol

taranana

Visit site
I have been using the spray first and rubbing it in leave for a couple of minutes then rub the cream in. It doesn’t seem to leave great bald patches or lift the scabs off wholesale, more chip away at them so im brushing out a load of bits of scab and the last bit only comes off when it’s ready. Whether they return remains to be seen but hopefully not as I’m rugging now if any sign of rain or wet grass.