Dermobion

paulo

Visit site
Does anyone know where I can buy Dermobion online ?

My horse has a cut on her hock which is taking ages to heal and is getting a bit of proud flesh at the edges. Do u peeps think dermobion would help?

Thanks

Patches

Visit site
You can't buy Dermobian anymore as it was banned.

However you can buy Dermapred through your vet, as it's prescription only, which is just Dermobian in another package imported from Australia.

dermapred.jpg

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I've got some that a vet let me have just before it got banned, Blo**dy EU that's why no real reason I think just they don't want to eat neddies who have been treated with it. Correct me if I'm wrong

Patches

Visit site
It's carcinogenic, hence why it was banned.

You're supposed to wear gloves when using to minimise the risk but I guess the EU felt that either too many horse owners ignored the safety guidelines or the risk was too great to use it full stop.

I've no idea if there was any research suggesting meat from animals treated with Dermobian was also carcinogenic.

D

Donkeymad

My vet gave me some Dermobian just before it was banned. He was not happy as he thought the stuff brilliant, certainly worked on my pony at the time. Unfortunately I have since used it up.

Patches

Visit site
Wouldn't that be ironic?
grin.gif

I never asked where he was importing it from, but Troy Labs plc is an Australian company.

Patches

Visit site
Isn't it just? I love it and was very pleased to have a nice jar of it when I needed it.

Mind you, it's not cheap. Not sure how much Dermobian was, but the vet charged me £25 for Dermapred.

Patches

Visit site
Most probably was expensive. I'd never used Dermobian though so can't compare the price to Dermapred myself. Have to say, I use it sparingly myself.
grin.gif

KatB

Visit site
There is a cream beginning with F (cant for the life of me remember the name of it) which is legal and a very good alternative to Dermobion....will try and remember it! Dermobion wasnt comp legal either.

Gamebird

Visit site
Really don't think Dermobion was ever banned. The company rep told me it had gone out of production as it was hard for them to source one of the components and it wasn't going to be cost-effective (compared to small animal/human markets horse drugs are very small cheese).
The reason you had to (or were supposed to...) wear gloves was that there was steroid in it and if it was on your fingers you would end up absorbing the steroid which could cause skin/hormonal problems or probs if you were pregnant.
The green colouring was only chlorophyll which is found in every plant and is not carcinogenic.