Desert Orchid ~ RIP

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
Absolutely Beth.

I still have a video recording of a special feature programme done about him, and you have to see it to believe how much that horse was cosseted and loved.

Richard Burrige refused point blank to let his beloved dessie run in the National, even though he was put under enormous pressure to do so.
And even in retirement, come the end of summer when it was time for the horses to come in for the winter, the late great Persian Punch had to vacate the prize stable in the yard, so that Dessie could take up residence.
smile.gif

He had a wonderful life, and a dignified and peaceful death.
Not bad eh?

welshchick

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Tis very sad Dubs,but the old lad was one of the lucky ones....he had everything he could ever need,and was given the very best of care,and all the love and adoration he could take all the way through his life.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a lucky boy, indeed. He was an amazing horse, who gave us a lot of wonderful memories. I just adored him.

DO, you were simply the best. We are going to miss you badly, and have fun at the rainbow bridge xxx

vivhewe

Visit site
Aw bless him, that's such a shame, but he was a good age, especially for a racehorse.

It seems everyone has loads of happy memories of him too
smile.gif

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Great horse who had a great life. Sad that he's gone but happy he leaves us with so many amazing memories. I was lucky enough to meet him once and stroke that grand grey face. He really knew he was a super star.

RIP Dessie

GTs

Visit site
Dessie came to our school for a day (some fund raising function), and I was asked to be on hand to assist his groom, get water, or whatever he needed. After spending the day having his nose stroked, the groom and I took him on a quick walk to stretch his legs before the ride home, I got to lead him. I also got to sit on him (for about 30 seconds) before he loaded up I wish I had a picture -

He was definitely a cool horse.