Desparate for help....please read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

madlady

Visit site
OP I know of someone who is possibly interested (very genuine!) could you please PM me yours and pony's details please.

Grumpy Jewel

Visit site
If your in the south east theres 3 colleges that take loan horses. Mines at plumpton in east sussex. on full loan you dont pay anything, part loan you pays set ammount and can do as you please at the weekend. They are fab and the horses well looked after.

Visit site
Some of the comments on here are very upsetting and not helping the situation and I wish I'd never posted it now, all those people who think I'm making it up or suggesting its a strange thread and there is something wrong my pony because I'm giving her away to a nice home, I hope to god that if anything ever happened to put you in this situation that people won't be so cruel and judgemental. I'm a mature responsible adult whose been involved with horses for over 50 years and unfortunately, I've fallen on hard times, it happens to a lot of people and I don't judge them or make cruel comments.

To all those who have offered help and advice thank you so much, kind words and offers of help and advice have been heartwarming.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I think to be fair conclusions are often drawn from lack of information being forthcoming.

Good luck with the rehoming.

OrangePepper

Visit site
If I could give you some additional advice which is have your horse Freezemarked so that it can always be identified in the future if you ever wish to find her again.

wildwest

Visit site
mmm strange post .......
not exactly helping yourself op . lots of offers of help but ive noticed youve continued to ignore the question where your based and how big
neither of which will get your post removed ?

benson21

Visit site
To be fair, if you are going to tell just half the story, i dont think you can really expect anything different? You have now been given a fair few ideas as to what to do, and some offers of people interested in your horse. Are you going to take anyone up on their kind offers?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
mmm strange post .......
not exactly helping yourself op . lots of offers of help but ive noticed youve continued to ignore the question where your based and how big
neither of which will get your post removed ?

Maybe the poster has responded to those posts by pm.

benson21

Visit site
If people dont know where you are, and what size horse is, how are they gonna offer to help? I could say I would help out, but I am in Kent, if you are in Scotland its not much good really, is it?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
OP, several people have offered to help you re home/sell your mare, any others have offered excellent advice. I will join those offering to help.

You say you are within reach of both Reaseheath and Beaver Hall, well that puts you in my neck of the woods. I could take temporary care of your mare here at home as long she will be happy living out with a field shelter with company in the next door field. This would be just until a suitable new home is found. There are others much better able than me to find her a home, but at least she would be safe here and I have facilities for people to come and view her.

The offer is on the table. If she travels in a trailer then I could collect her. My premises were inspected by the RSPCA last year as I fostered a pony for them. I'm sure they would give me a reference if you want to check me out, as would my vets.

FireFly29

Visit site
As others have said, how about grass livery?
I've had an op recently so can't walk about and I turned my horse away on grass livery as I couldn't justify full livery for my horse to be doing nothing, she's actually pretty happy being out 24/7!
I believe most equine colleges take horses on loan too, may be worth seeing if there's any nearish you that might take your horse?

Perfect_Pirouette

Visit site
I felt desperately sorry for the OP when I first opened the thread (and still do) but tbh....by the last page I was feeling very irritated at the blatant ignoring of poster's Q's in order to be able to help.

Time and time again people have asked height of pony and location and it seems they were ignored (unless the OP has answered them via PM but if that was me I would STATE 'I have answered height and location Q's by PM.' not just continue to ignore people.

OP, if you are genuine then I really hope you find a home for your pony soon and start to feel better but please respond to people next time if you haven't, it's very rude and bad manners not to do so.

Patterdale

Visit site
This forum is increasingly like the little girl, who had a little curl.....

Sorry to hear you're in a difficult situation OP, and hope your hospital stay goes well.
Tiddlypom has made you an amazing offer :)

Perfect_Pirouette

Visit site
I don't think anyone's been particularly nasty (and I never meant to be) but it seemed like such a desperate cry for help that obviously people WANTED to try and offer help but it's difficult to when you don't know details.

stormox

Visit site
I did actually get a PM from the OP-basically it said "don't judge people unless you know the whole story". I just replied that as she hadn't told the "whole story" what were people meant to think?

wildwest

Visit site
I felt desperately sorry for the OP when I first opened the thread (and still do) but tbh....by the last page I was feeling very irritated at the blatant ignoring of poster's Q's in order to be able to help.

Time and time again people have asked height of pony and location and it seems they were ignored (unless the OP has answered them via PM but if that was me I would STATE 'I have answered height and location Q's by PM.' not just continue to ignore people.

OP, if you are genuine then I really hope you find a home for your pony soon and start to feel better but please respond to people next time if you haven't, it's very rude and bad manners not to do so.

this lol

Tern

Visit site
Depending on what it's like i would say Blue Cross - Rolleston or Burford OR try a loan? If all else fails try a riding school and say they can have long term loan with minimum of a year so they dont send it back straight away!

Visit site
Can people please stop bullying me.......i am slowly wading through all the replies and offers of help, i am not ignoring people, i've had over 20 emails off people and i am trying to answer each and every single one....and i losing track of the replies, i didn't expect such an over whelming response and i can't keep on top it all now !!!!! Just stop....thank you, thank you, each and everyone of you for replying but stop now, i can't cope with it anymore !!! This is cyber bullying plain and simple.

benson21

Visit site
This is nothing of the sort. You asked a question, more detail was needed, which was asked for, and blatently ignored. You have had wonderful offers of help, and then tell us we are bullying you!

Visit site
I didn't say everyone !!! and yes I have had wonderful offers of help and as I said I am slowly wading through all the responses...!!! to repeat what I said earlier I have already answered over 20 PM messages, that it not ignoring people !!

Status
Not open for further replies.