Desperate need for livery in devon!

amystevee

Visit site
If anyone knows of any yards in the Bovey Tracey/Liverton/Bickington/Haytor/Ashburton etc way please let me know! Just looking for a new yard within 20 mins of Bovey Tracey in South Devon as my current yard is much too expensive for only a DIY with no stabling included! The only upside is its facilities as at times I have to ride after work in the dark and the school has lights. Will consider diy, part or full livery as anything will be better! Thanks!

Beausmate

Visit site
I'm looking too! Doesn't seem to be too many about, however I saw a couple advertised on Preloved, think one of them might have been Bovey way. They sometimes crop up on the notice boards in mole Valley and Tucker's in Ashburton.

I'm looking more Torquay way, they never seem to come up in the right areas at the right time though!!

lizzi2

Visit site
I'm in wrong part of Devon to help directly! But have you tried asking at the vets? Sometimes the staff (not necessarily the vets themselves) will know of vacancies? Or even the farrier may know of something?

purplestar

Visit site
hi
It's also worth checking the notice board in leonard coombe in newton abbot, think they had one up for sigford nr bickington when i was in the other day ?
also i think lookweep in liverterton has full or part spaces.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Narramore Stud who are near Moretonhampstead have a few DIY, Full or Part spaces available. 20 x 60 Arena, show jumps, All year round turnout. Great Off Road Hacking. Dressage Trainer comes Monthly. £20 per week including stable.. Contact Henryhorn on here.

paddy555

Visit site
I too thought I saw a vacancy at Lookweep very recently and I thought also there was somewhere on Tuckers noticeboard last week but cannot remember where it was.

saddleupagain

Visit site
I am looking in the Dawlish /Teignmouth area because where I am doesn't have a school and now the cows have broken the field fencing down so I don't have a field either and as nowhere to ride or lunge during week I have a timebomb on a Saturday!!

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
I too would recommend Narramore Stud, lovely facilitys., also know of somewhere just out of ashburton if you are interested give me a PM..

cally6008

www.tracingequines.co.uk
I'm looking too! Doesn't seem to be too many about, however I saw a couple advertised on Preloved, think one of them might have been Bovey way. They sometimes crop up on the notice boards in mole Valley and Tucker's in Ashburton.

I'm looking more Torquay way, they never seem to come up in the right areas at the right time though!!

The bit in bold about mole valley and tuckers in ashburton ... Am I right in thinking these are noticeboards in a shop called Mole Valley (location ashburton) and a shop called Tuckers (location ashburton)

Might have lead on a stolen horse so any help appreciated

If anyone goes into these two (?) shops as well, please PM me

paddy555

Visit site
The bit in bold about mole valley and tuckers in ashburton ... Am I right in thinking these are noticeboards in a shop called Mole Valley (location ashburton) and a shop called Tuckers (location ashburton)

Might have lead on a stolen horse so any help appreciated

If anyone goes into these two (?) shops as well, please PM me

not sure what you are asking but Mole is Mole Valley Farmers a large farmers merchants supplying the South West. The branch people are talking about is at Heathfield, Newton Abbot and yes there is a noticeboard there. There do lots of horsey feed and tack and lots of horse people go in. (there are Mole branches in other places eg Cullompton, South Molton etc)

Tuckers is Tuckers country stores at Ashburton. It is a large feed merchants and again selling tack and lots of horse people go in. It also has a noticeboard.

For anyone wanting livery etc there were several notices on the Tuckers board when I was in there last Friday.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Thanks for the recommendations people, we are intending to have low level lighting installed within the next couple of months, but it takes a little time to source what will be allowed..
Also a horse wash bay and solarium. The boxes are either Monarch wooden or IAE plastic, some have auto water . Grazing is 24/7 all year with haylage fed in the field if required.
You may find coming on a temporary basis until you find somewhere permanent is helpful, if so I'll pm you my daughter's mobile as she runs the yard these days.

*JV*

www.nagsinrags.weebly.com
Sorry to bring up an old thread but Lookweep at Ilsington have livery spaces available & i think that Marley field livery at Marley Head near to A38 by South Brent might have livery spaces as well!

Tinks722

New User
Visit site
Hi everyone!

This is my first post (how exciting!).

I advertised in Tuckers (Ashburton), Mole Valley (Heathfield) and Leonard Coombes (Newton Abbot) offering full and part livery between Bovey Tracey and Ashburton at the beginning of the winter but got very little response.

I assumed it was due to the recession (isn't everything the recession's fault?!) and people not wanting to/having the money to spend so I am now grooming locally and I am really busy. I still have the yard, if I had enough interested parties I would consider getting it up and running.

If anybody is interested, PM me and we can have a chat.

kt123

New User
Visit site
hi i own lookweep livery we currently have two spaces for full or half livery due to building new stables. We have a flood lit school, good quality haylage, all year turn out on flat fields. There is always some one on site. We have brilliant hacking, rora woods 5 min hack and the moor 20 min we have a website www.lookweep.co.uk please have a look or contact me on 07732032296 thank you