Desperately seeking event horse for loan

wizoz

Visit site
I am an amateur event rider and have been having a lot of bad luck of late with horses
frown.gif
(crooks that take your money and give you a duff horse)

I am desperately searching for an event horse, preferably a gelding and has to be over 16hh. I have had 10 years eventing experience but am not in a position to buy.
I am in Devon and am based with my mum, we do it all together, (she's my groom)
wink.gif

I would love to find something that has been there, done it and got the T-shirt and now needs no pressure but just a fun life.
We are very knowledgeable, have an extremely small yard (4 stables) all year round turn out, night or day and on hand dressage instructor and mentor.

If you know of anything or anybody please please let me know by PM.

I can provide references, lots of photo's and video footage.

PuddingandElla

Visit site
You could try putting an ad in H&H - i did that a few years ago, before i was in a position to buy. I had a massive response. I wanted a dressage horse at the time and i got offered loads and ended up with a lovely horse. I did get offered some not so good ones aswell but i just asked lots of questions and ended up with a lovely chap. I only put one advert in and i am sure i had over 30 calls! Good luck

Blizzard

Visit site
I think you need to advertise rather than just relying on ringing about something you have seen, as most of the time I imagine they have already gone.

Also a lot of people are still umming and ahhing about putting a horse on loan, then see an ad like that and give it a call, thats what Ive done in the past, I didnt even advertise the horse.

Perhaps putting the ad in H&H or your regional equestrian mag will be a good start.
smile.gif

Eccles

Visit site
I would definitely put a well worded ad in H & H. I have done that twice when I was not in a position to buy, and was offered loads of horses. Hope you find something soon!

wizoz

Visit site
Thanks to everyone who replied. I have now put an ad on h&h so I'll let you all know how I get on.