Desperately seeking someone for riding/schooling my friesian

Walker1

Visit site
I'm having difficulty finding a rider/ share for my horse located in Abridge, Essex. I have a 41/2 year old pure bred friesian gelding. He is 16.3 doesn't buck or rear, canter is becoming more and more collected. Bold and powerful trot! I'm looking for a confident rider to come and ride few times a week, there are no yard duties
He is well behaved out hacking and in the school. Has amazing powerful paces both father and grandfather were Grand Prix stallions. I'm bit busy at the moment for lessons and need someone friendly, kind and confident with young horses to help with his training and schooling. He's a very affectionate horse, very calm and chilled for a youngster, always wants to please. Can be slightly nervy in new situations and new riders so needs an understanding capable rider.
We are on a small (8 stables) really quite friendly yard in Abridge, Essex with a lovely large menage and dressage mirrors.
Is anybody interested or know anyone that might be? Would really appreciate

madlady

Visit site
I've had them for 12 years now and would probably never have anything else now but they aren't everyone's cup of tea and they can take some getting used to when just starting riding. It took me ages to find a rider so don't give up :)

Walker1

Visit site
I know exactly what you mean! That's what makes it so hard lol awww thanks I'll try not to give up I nearly did before posting on here :)

madlady

Visit site
Do you have a local RC that you could join - you might meet someone through that.

All of mine have been a bit 'nervy' with new things - default reaction has either been to spin and run for home or plant and refuse to move. I promise they do get better - my older mare is now pretty much a bombproof hack - I can take her anywhere and know that she is going to be fine. My 2 younger ones are slowly getting there as well.

Hope you find someone soon and enjoy your boy :)

Walker1

Visit site
Mine can be a bit nervy with new riders he's perfect with me but what's so weird he can be perfectly fine with some other ppl almost like he's choosing his rider. All he does is move around a bit and then settles again.
Thank you so much lol I can't wait for when he's a bit older and we're past the testing ages all good fun though :)