detect a stolen horse trailer?

ge0rgg

Visit site
How do I check if a I for Williams HB403 trailer is stolen? I have the VIN number and chassee number from the seller - unsure as to what to do now? Thanks :)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
How do I check if a I for Williams HB403 trailer is stolen? I have the VIN number and chassee number from the seller - unsure as to what to do now? Thanks :)

or this might be useful to you

Contact Farmkey see if it is on their records or the police

or

Ifor Williams database
If you’re looking at an Ifor Williams horse trailer, the company runs its own database which logs to whom a horse trailer has been sold – call the Customer Care Department on 01490 412626, quote the horse trailer’s serial number and seller details.

A free-of charge check will be made to see whether the horse trailer is registered as stolen on the database, that the serial number matches the horse trailer type and that the seller matches the registered owner. If you’re the owner of an Ifor Williams horse trailer owner that’s been stolen, ensure you call 01490 412626 to register the theft so that the above checks can be carried out.

Last edited:

EventingMum

Visit site
Contact Ifor Williams, they have a database of registered owners. If it has more than one owner from new and the details haven't been updated they may not be able to tell you for certain if the seller is the real owner but will at least check it's not on their list of stolen trailers.

It's well worth doing this, friends of mine bought a second hand trailer and remembered 6 months later to register it in their name with IWT. A few days later the police turned up and took the trailer away as it was stolen. It turned out the serial number was really that of a flatbed trailer and the number on the chasis had been ground off. They ended up losing £2500 :(

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Contact Ifor Williams, they have a database of registered owners. If it has more than one owner from new and the details haven't been updated they may not be able to tell you for certain if the seller is the real owner but will at least check it's not on their list of stolen trailers.

It's well worth doing this, friends of mine bought a second hand trailer and remembered 6 months later to register it in their name with IWT. A few days later the police turned up and took the trailer away as it was stolen. It turned out the serial number was really that of a flatbed trailer and the number on the chasis had been ground off. They ended up losing £2500 :(

That is what I posted above lol