Devils claw for dogs - any good?

moosea

Visit site
As title really.

11 year old mongrel with really bad hip displaysia (sp). Had him from dogs trust 6 years ago and lately he has been uncomfortable and stiff on his legs.

Vets confirmed that it is arthritis and gave him two week course of anti inflammatory and pain killers and he really perked up and seemed to find the stairs easier.

He is now off the medicine and has gone back to struggling.

I am just wondering if devils claw actually works as the medicine he was given from vets is not really good for liver and kidneys and I am expecting that he will have to stay on some form of anti inflammatory and pain killer forever.

misterjinglejay

Visit site
I used Holland and Barrett devils claw capsuals with Idun, our old bitch. She had HD and bad arthritis; the difference in her was amazing!
She could bounce and run again, and I swear it gave her at least another 2 years of fun.

Good luck with your boy.

Ravenwood

Visit site
Devil's claw didn't work for my dog with bad joints unfortunately and I certainly tried for long enough!

Cartrophen injections do make a hell of a difference along with cod liver oil.

I have been trying a new supplement recently but that doesn't do much either. I reckon he has got to the stage now where metacam is the only option left - I've been putting that off for as long as I can.

But each dog is different and its certainly worth a try :)