Devil's claw

pistolpete

Visit site
My friend gives it to her cob who is 18 every winter. Thoughts on how it works and when to use? My horse is being kept in a lot more now, new yard rules and wonder if it would be a good addition for him.

Becca-84

Visit site
Watching with interest as was just thinking of getting some for my pony who is beginning to show signs of stiffness/low grace arthritis. My YO has recommended it saying she had good results in the past.

Alec Swan

Visit site
We were advised that it would help, so we bought some, asked our Vet what he thought, and he said "Well I suppose that it wont do any harm"!! His cynicism was well founded, it hasn't made a scrap of difference.

Half a sachet of Bute, per day, is what does work, we've found.

Alec.

pines of rome

Visit site
I have recently put my boy on Equine America Buteless after being on Danilon for a long time and so far he is doing well on it and I have been able to stop the Danilon, I am impressed!

skint1

Visit site
I've got my mare on a joint supplement containing devil's claw, prior to that she had been on Cortaflex, I think it has made a difference to her.

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I found no difference at all using Devil's Claw, but have found that Boswellia, Glucosamine and MSM combined has helped. Strangely though, Devil's claw does help my lower back pain.

Alec Swan

Visit site
I found no difference at all using Devil's Claw, but have found that Boswellia, Glucosamine and MSM combined has helped. Strangely though, Devil's claw does help my lower back pain.

Interesting. The actor James Coburn claimed to cure himself of Rheumatoid Arthritis, with MSM. My OH is a chronic RA sufferer, and I've no doubt that diet can certainly influence our ills.

A strange and perhaps rather aggressive name for a curing balm! Perhaps more research is needed!

Alec.

flojo

Visit site
I tried many alternatives to Bute on my arthritic gelding, Devil's Claw, Buteless to name a couple.
I have to be honest and say that I found them to make no difference to his comfort and that they offered no pain relief at all.

maccachic

Visit site
I have devils claw in my kit for managing pain, my trimmer uses it on herself and swears by it. Tried to get OH on it for his back but wouldn't have anymore after the first does as it tastes like bark.