Devils relief for arthritic cob

poppyblossom

Visit site
Hiya
Has anyone ever used devil's relief for an arthritic older horse??
Someone had mentioned trying it for my big old cob but was interested to hear if anyone else had tried it?

Thanks ?

ponynutz

Visit site
This ^

We used bute for pain as well for flare ups after injections.
If you wanted something competition safe as far as I know turmeric is allowed and actually works a dream (or did for us). We used it in between flare ups and definitely saw a difference in how quickly the problem resurfaced! Didn't send it away but made it better to manage.

Wizpop

Visit site
Try Bosmerix from vets. Works out about the same price as a good joint supplement- worked wonders on my 22 year old and other horses that I’ve known.

rextherobber

Visit site
Yes, I use it on my oldie after Bute and Danilon were being consistently refused (and big enough that daily syringing it in was a struggle) It works just as well, and is eaten happpily.

Zoeypxo

Visit site
Im looking into using this too. When it says not for competition use does that mean high up competition?
i assume id be ok going to local unaff shows? (Hopefully)

southerncomfort

Visit site
I've given it to horses in the past and it certainly does work for early/mild arthritis, although you do reach a point where only bute or danilon is appropriate.

I recently started giving devil's claw to my JRT who has mild arthritis and she's back to bouncing round like a pup!

Catbird

Visit site
It didn't help my 30 year old arthritic pony who was stiff and miserable, so after looking at posts on here I tried Boswellia which transformed him and he'll have a little canter across the field now.
Seems to be a little trial and error to see what works

Gallop_Away

Visit site
It helped my standarbred. He's just turned 16 and was starting to get a bit stiff in the cold mornings walking out of the stable. Usually walked like a train. A few weeks on devils claw and he was back to pulling my arm out of the socket (yay?)

Follysmum

Visit site
Boswellia has helped my 2 old boys tremendously. Physio and vet both have seen a massive difference within 6 moths of using. One horse is totally off Bute now

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
I use Devils Claw on my horse who has bone spavin. It seems to help him. He is generally not competed other than the odd Trec arena event and if I'm lucky a bit of low level unaffiliated dressage.

Boswelia and tumeric did nothing.