Devon people........... Vet reccomendations please.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
vets that cover the exeter area, NOT st Davids,

but opinions on good and bad would be helpful
the only ones i know of are Wolfgar and st boniface.
Beaumont i currentley use, but am moving my horses away form them.

Evem

Visit site
I hail from Exeter although now live elsewhere. I fully recomend Grant & Partners (Isle Vale). Although they are near Chard they used to get to me quicker in an emergency than someone coming accross Exeter traffic. Did a fantastic job with my horse through broken leg surgery and to bouts of colic. Fantastic with the horses and straight talking to the owners! PM me if you want their number.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
have dealt with isle valley, will give them a call and find out if they come this far, id be about 45/50 mins away from them. due to one horse having copd i do need a vets that carry the right things to treat him (have all hes history so can discuss this when i call ).

ok second question. im just about to start a rather large debate with my current vet, over the cost/treatment of 2 horses (were talking a couple of grand in bills, not to mention both horses suffering) all barring 360 is paid, which im with holding until i get a responce,

am i in the right i move the horses away from current vets now, if so do i tell new vet the situation when i call,???

watakerfuffle

Visit site
I would highly reccomend St Boniface, they are excellent and really know there stuff. We have used them for years for the horses as well as my dad for his farm. They are not far at all from Exeter so would be ideal for any emergency's if they arose!

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
St Boniface are wonderful, Sylvy has been fantastic, I only left them because I knew the practice was for sale, and that the person who was buying wasn't particularly horse orientated. I now use Pegasus from Kingsteignton, Newton Abbot, Andrew Hill is the Vet, very quiet, knowledgable and kind man.

hellspells

Visit site
You can move your horses to a different vets - but you will have to sign something so the new vets can have a history (its a legal thing). I would tell the new vets as if the old practice get in contact with the new one they make put a different angle on it.

hedge1

Visit site
I would recommend Gabriel Grills. Really nice vets, great with horses and people. They're based in Ivybridge though so might be a bit far.

Used St Boniface for animals other than neds, and were very good.

Dressagebabe

Visit site
Your new Vet should not take on a new client without 1st contacting your previous Vet for permission. You will probably find that your previous Vet Practice will then tell your new Vets about any outstanding bills along with case history and Client situation/relations! The law between Vets insist this is done or they can actually get 'struck off'. In the old days they used to phone all local practices to inform each other of 'Bad Depters'. Not saying that you come under this catagory as you obviously have a gripe about something but until the debt is paid in full you will be on their bad debters list.

watakerfuffle

Visit site
RE St Boniface - Sylvy is amazing, we have had him for years and is a fab fab vet he used to own the vets but now works for them with him getting on a bit!!!. Its Tony who has taken it on and he was always been fantastic with my lot. I have only moved vets now because I moved to Wiltshire, wish they could travel upto me but a tad far lol!!!!

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
i have no issues with disclosing the outstanding amount, and the situations with my current vets to the new one, its the forst time a bill hasnt been paid straight away, im not in a rush to move the horses, but if something else happens to either of the horses, i dont want the current vets near them.

letters been sent today, so shall give a week.

its looking like wolfgare at the moment.

thanks every one for the suggestions