Diamond Hall Red and Ginger May Killinghurst

Tinsel_Toes

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone knew anything about them? I believe Diamond Hall Red won Badminton in 1999 with Mark Todd and they are both by Dallas, thats all I know.

kerilli

Visit site
yes, after his big win I think Diamond Hall Red was ridden by Leslie Law, and then he was bought by a girl who lived up near me when I was in Staffs, she did quite well with him. His Dr was always difficult, apparently Toddy and co were all amazed at how good the test he did at Burghley was when he won it, it was pretty uncharacteristic! Kelly, who bought him, had him as a schoolmaster for quite a few years and got round Burghley clear on him. all his results will be on britisheventing.com of course.
i think/suspect that he had quite dodgy legs...

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Not that its helpful but I remember running into Diamond Hall Red's owner just after Mark Todd retired in a nightclub in Jersey and not believing him, was subsequently told he def did own him! Embarrassed to this day but in my defence I was drunk
blush.gif

actually now I will be helpful, he is still competing, seems he came out of retirement last year and had some fun at the lower open levels

http://www.britisheventing.com/asp-net/Events/Results.aspx?HorseId=32787

ElleJS

Visit site
I always have wondered what happened to GMK thought she was a real athletic sort. Andrew Nicholson had her, I remember him taking a perler of a fall at Bramham at fence 3! Maybe she was sold abroad.

oldvic

Visit site
GMK was brought out by MJ Tumbridge and completed Burghley 2004. She jumped round Badminton 2005 but didn't show jump. She went to Andrew Nicholson in 2007 and after falling at Bramham she was placed at Gatcombe, Blair 3* and Pau 4* (think she would have been 1st or 2nd if she had show jumped clear). She hasn't competed since Chatsworth 2008. She is Lord Killinghurst's half sister.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
GMK was bred by the Studd family just round the corner from where I grew up. They also bred Lord Killinghurst. Killinghurst is the name of the big wood by the Studd's house.