Did anyone else watch the online dressage stallion presentations?

05jackd

Visit site
I thought this was an interesting idea and seeing as all the stallion shows were cancelled this year I was keen to watch.

I felt it was a mixed bag. Some very underwhelming, others nice but I felt some of the stud fees being asked of young unproven horses was very high. Also a bit sad to see some of the 4/5 year olds preforming high level moves - I feel this isn’t setting them up for a long career. Maybe I’m just over cautious.

I did appreciate the breeders going to such effort in horrible weather conditions!

Overall I think a nice idea though and I did see a stallion I hadn’t considered who I would use in the future.

Did anyone else catch it?

TheMule

Visit site
It didn’t inspire me for the first half and some of the presentations were ? (and not in a good way!) but the quality of the stallions did get better and there were some nice horses. Not sure I particularly gained much I couldnt have seen just from watching stud videos- hardly any Q&A this time round, still not enough shown stood up in hand and moving straight towards/ away from camera

05jackd

Visit site
I also thought there was a lack of confirmation photos or of horses standing square but I did wonder if that was due to the ice and snow on the run up to filming

ihatework

Visit site
I watched some of it live and then caught up on the ones I’d missed.

A mixed bag really.
A handful of flash, will be interesting to see how they progress.
A handful of solid performers
A fair few nice horses that probably won’t be good/commercial enough really and would be better geldings.
The 2 PREs, not really my area, but nice to have some variety.
3-4 shockers, being ridden cringeworthily badly to the point it was impossible to gain an opinion on the horse as they were presented so badly