Did anyone go to Banchory Show on Saturday??

Tayto

Visit site
Did anyone attend Banchory at the weekend? If so, how did you get on?

I took my horse - it was our first ever show and I loved every minute! We got a 1st and a 2nd for some in hand classes so I am over the moon!!

Will get some pics up soon - waiting for my friend to send them over to me :)

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
We took some sheep, does that count :-D

Only went with our rather unimpressive ewe and two lambs cos had promised the owner of the ram that we borrow that we would support the new class for primitive northern breeds.

And we only won the ewe lamb class, nearly fainted with surprise! And 4th in ewe class!

Not really horsey but very exciting!

Def want to see your pics. My friend got placed with her mini Shetlands too. Lovely weather as well, ESP as Sunday next day was so rainy.

Tayto

Visit site
Thats fab - well done!

Yes the weather was amazing however I was roasting in my tweed jacket! Some people opted for just a shirt and tie but I prefer to look smart with my jacket on!

We were very lucky as we got a pen under a big tree so my horse was in the shade the whole day - it was great!

khalswitz

Visit site
It was a lovely day... Although bit bummed as my boy decided to flip his lid, and we got asked to leave our ridden class! He was just crow hopping and bucking anytime one of the other horse went near him... Shame cos he was fab at echt!! Obviously didn't like the main ring at Banchory, it is fairly busy, and he is an exracer with only 8 months retraining under his belt...

Tayto

Visit site
It was a lovely day... Although bit bummed as my boy decided to flip his lid, and we got asked to leave our ridden class! He was just crow hopping and bucking anytime one of the other horse went near him... Shame cos he was fab at echt!! Obviously didn't like the main ring at Banchory, it is fairly busy, and he is an exracer with only 8 months retraining under his belt...

Aw thats such a shame - the main ring was really busy though. Sounds like you are doing well with only 8 months retraining under his belt! My girl is so chilled out in hand but under saddle she is quite nervous so we are working on this with the hope of doing ridden shows next year :)