Did anyone hunt in Northamptonshire 30+ years ago?

PeachesD113

Visit site
Hi all,
I'm sure this post will be in vein but I guessed there is no harm in asking.
Basically I am looking to see if anyone may have known my mother when she hunted/ rode many many years ago. She died when I was 4 (1988) and for various reasons I don't know much about her horsey side and would love it if someone, somewhere might remember her. Long shot I know. Her name was Margaret, known as Maggie, I think she hunted with the pytchley (maybe others too) but I don't know if she had her own horse or borrowed from friends. I would think her hunting days were before she had me so talking 32 years + ago.
I've recently got my own horse which was a childhood dream (I always imaged as a small child that if she were alive we would have gone riding together) and I suppose that starting riding again has stirred up my feelings. The only names I remember in reference to horsey/ hunting friends were called Sam (lady) and Laurie who were married and based in great doddington. I remember them as after she died they let me come to their yard to see their horses and I have a vivid memory of rolling up green exercise bandages!
Thank you for reading long post 😊

PeachesD113

Visit site
Good suggestion, thank you. I actually 'helped' at Janes' yard when I was 11/12 for a season. I didn't get the impression that she knew her but maybe didn't want to open up recent wounds. If I get brave I may give it a try.

PeachesD113

Visit site
I did think that but was being cautious with 'security'. But I guess it doesn't really matter, it was webster and she would have been early/ mid forties at the time

Sparkles

Visit site
Perhaps ring or email the hunt directly and ask them to circulate it on their subscription emails or post an advert with them?

tatty_v

Visit site
My husband's family were big hunters with the Grafton in that time (next door to the Pytchley) so I'll ask for you xx