Did anyone see animal cops (USA) on sky last night?

RuthnMeg

Visit site
If so, did you see the stallion with a hole in his neck?
I didn't see it, but have been told about it and it seems so unblievable I thought I'd ask to see if anyone can back up the story!?

Rhandir

Visit site
Yes it did indeed have a hole in it's neck, I'm guessing that it was about six inches long and maybe two to three inches high, you could see right through to the other side. It did seem very much OK about it, I wouldn't have thought it would have affected him at all, apart from looking wierd he looked fine. Needed gelding though, not really stallion material.

Sadiemay

Visit site
Hi,

I have seen this episode a year or so ago so it is true.

The horse had a substantial size hole right through his neck to the other side I was :eek: Por boy :(

However as far as I can recall he survived and went to a new home :)

Sadiemay

In fact I just managed to dig this up:

One of the most unforgettable seizures recalled by Mr. Mixson was a grey stallion with a hole completely through his neck. Many of you may have seen this story on the show and it was one that I was in awe over. If you did not see this episode the hole that was in the stallions neck was big enough to put your hand through to the other side. Although they are unsure of the cause of the hole, it was probably a result of an improperly treated wound or abscess. The stallion was found in a dilapidated stall with the carcass of a deceased livestock just a few feet away. After being brought back to the Houston SPCA, he gained weight and was later adopted into a loving home. The hole through his neck is a scar that will be a constant reminder of his prior neglect.

Enfys

Visit site
Just done a google image search and came across something even more disturbing...
http://www.sherralsequineartstudio.com/Customs/swayback horse 448 kb.jpg

Oh my giddy aunt! Although, in defence the state of the back is probably not actually a mismanagement fault. I am unsure as to how the condition would affect the horse in itself though.

Last edited: