Did my eyes deceive me???

CobsGalore

Visit site
So i was lunging my cob tonight... And for a brief second, in the sunlight.....

...I think I may have seen a rib or two :eek::eek:

I honestly didn't even know my cob had ribs!!

Should i take him off restricted grazing and start feeding him a conditioning mix? ;)

Tronk

Visit site
Can you take a look at my fattie? We don't think he has ribcage as it has never been felt, let alone seen :D

alext

Visit site
I'm having this problem ;) though mines an Arab I've never seen I rib in the 10 years I've owned her cant quite believe I can see them! Though seeing them (more than one)is a problem for me ,now back to the confusing issue of actually having to feed her !!!

trottingon

Visit site
Can I suggest you weigh tape him so you can keep a regular check on his weight, you certainly don't want him losing any, he clearly needs a conditioning feed and the recommended amount of top quality hay per day, correct me if I'm wrong but this is generally considered to be 3x the horse's weight each day, hence the importance of the weigh tape😜

TandD

Visit site
no ones suggested stopping exercise yet....... very disappointed in you hho 'fatteners!!!!!' ;)

CobsGalore

Visit site
Doubt a barefoot diet will help, I need to stuff him full of sugar surely to stop him looking malnourished!?

He is staying in his stable with 3 tonnes of haylage until he looks like a cuddly teddy bear again!