Difference between TopSpec cool and lite balancers

Iwantakitten

Visit site
As title really. I have been feeding horse top spec lite balancer since I got him a year ago. Last time I went into the feed shop, the cool balancer was half price and the lady told me it was pretty much the same as the lite balancer.

This is about to run out so I've checked on my other local feed suppliers website and they have both on offer at the moment. I'm a little torn as to which to get. The grass is coming through now and horse is out 24/7 with hay in the field morning and evening and a small morning and evening feed. He is looking well for the time of year but not fat. This is the first year he has grown into himself and is filling out (almost 8). He just looks more mature this year.

So would it make much difference if I were to get one over the other? Top Spec feed advise line is closed at weekends or I would ask them!

Bradsmum

Visit site
Not a huge difference, I'm trying the cool while it is on offer on my excitable monster and have had good results.

Typical Nutritional Analysis:
Cool balancer - Oil % 4.25. Protein % 22.0. Fibre % 11.0 DE MJ/kg 12.0. Starch % 7.5. Calcium % 2.4. Magnesium % 0.6. Vitamin E IU/kg 500. Biotin mg/kg 4.0

Lite balancer - Oil % 4.00. Protein % 15.0. Fibre % 19.0. DE MJ/kg 9.1. Starch % 6.5. Calcium % 2.2. Magnesium % 0.6. Vitamin E IU/kg 1,000. Biotin mg/kg 30.0