different types of appaloosa (please include pics!)

Suby2

Visit site
Moonshine bay near leopard
moony.jpg

That is an impressive stable!!! ;-)

JulesRules

Visit site
All appies should have certain characteristics separate to the coat, which include white sclera, stripy hooves, mottled muzzles / genitalia etc.

I'm sure my girl has Appy in her as she has all of these characteristics and a rubbish mane.

attachment.php

attachment.php

You can see the dark spots on her bum in the second picture. Poor girl has no forelock and teh dark parts of her mane just don't grow :-(

Last edited:

AprilBlue

Visit site
I'm sure my girl has Appy in her as she has all of these characteristics and a rubbish mane.

attachment.php

attachment.php

You can see the dark spots on her bum in the second picture. Poor girl has no forelock and teh dark parts of her mane just don't grow :-(

correct me if i'm wrong, but maybe there is a chance of her being a pintaloosa?

Perissa

Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by Love View Post
From reading this website about Appaloosa bronzing, he looks like he has this due to the lovely chocolate brown colouring on his legs. Its such an interesting read, would highly recommend it to anyone!

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...ng-515331.html

This website is very informative too http://equinetapestry.com/2012/03/ap...olor-shifting/

Very interesting, thanks for posting.

This was Morris two years ago - totally different colour. I was told it was chocolate buckskin.

100_1788.jpg

Image001.jpg

Last edited:
Visit site
Loving this post - so many lovely Spotty horses!

Here is my part-bred Appaloosa, his colour is classed as Pintaloosa. :)

attachment.php

Last edited:

Puzzle4ever

Visit site
Hi little donkey

I haven't seen many of the Appaloosa breed before and not had much interest in them , yet Ryan is beutiful!

Bobbly

Visit site
My mini is changing all the time, she is described as dilute buckskin with spotting characteristics! She now has a spotty bottom and muzzle, stripey feet and various spots that started out as black ink spots on her neck and shoulders and have now turned gold coloured with spotty frosting over her quarters, she's currently two years old and these don't show her spots to well as she's clipped except for on her face..... the last pic is her Dad with whom she shares her summer colouring to date..
240320122534.jpg

c11052013g_zps504506a6.jpg

5268f793-d48e-4c5e-bf4f-97a98fc2e409_zps5735ab8d.jpg

1028_vd_zps562cf5b2.jpg

Last edited:

JulesRules

Visit site
I think to be a proper pintaloosa I think she needs to have proven appy bloodlines.

She was bred in Poland so although I have her full breeding on her passport it's hard to find out anything. All her bloodlines on her passport are Malopolski which is a polish warmblood breed. I did find some pictures of her grandfather who was brown and white although he did have the white eye.