Difficult situation - Young horse needs a new home asap!!

jenz87

Visit site
Hi everyone, sorry i dont want to be advertising but i really need some help to deal with this!

One of our clients has just told us that she has an inopperable brain tumour and needs to sell a few of her horses (she runs a stud), the rest, whilst she has some treatment, will be turned away.
She has sent her two youngsters to us to sell on, basically at a silly price, to a good home so she can relax knowing they are at least safe.
We sold her 3 year old, who was advertised for £3000, for £800, which was very sad.
We have just received his full brother, a 2 year old part arab, show quality and excellent breeding. We want to get approx £500 ono for him but i just dont know where to advertise him!!

Where can i advertise a 2 year old show quality part bred arab, and does anyone want a 2 year old?

This is a very distressing time, and he needs a new home asap, any advice would be greatfully received.

THANK YOU

jenz87

Visit site
Sorry, we are in East Yorkshire.

263444_10100209924683029_197812253_55375320_3370806_n.jpg

He has good quality blood lines and is a gorgeous boy and is worth a lot more but he just has to go to a good home as soon as possible!!

boxcarhorse

Visit site
Suggest you advertise on Horsequest. They have "youngstock" subsections under each main section i.e. Allrounders, Show Horses etc.

lhotse

Visit site
How big is he? I'm looking for a potential endurance horse, but I'm in Glos so a bit far away. He looks lovely

jenz87

Visit site
Hes 14.1hh at the moment at 2. His sire was 15.1hh and he is taking after him more than his dam so id say anything up to 15.1hh.

jenz87

Visit site
Just wanted to say, Spirit has found a new home today, so thank you all very much for all your help and support!!
His owner is very relieved to have found such a nice home :)

Luci07

Visit site
and I hope that his owner can relax a little knowing you have managed to sell 2 of her youngsters to good homes - some relief in what must be an awful time.

GingerCat

Visit site
She has sent her two youngsters to us to sell on, basically at a silly price, to a good home so she can relax knowing they are at least safe.

I think that selling them at a 'silly price' is NOT going to guarantee them a 'safe' home :( ...too many people out there happy to make a profit out of someone else's misfortune.

I thnk you would have been safer advertising them on an Arab forum at a realistic price, they are more likely to go to a suitable home then.

Glad to hear that they are both settled in new homes now.

Best wishes to their owner too, hope she's soon on the mend (((HUG)))