digging in food Help please

windand rain

Visit site
The livery digs at food in a bucket spills it, in a raised feeder digs holes about a foot deep, and I feel it is unsafe to give any of the herd haynets as I can see her digging at them too as they have to be used as pillows. So is there a fool proof way of stopping her or do I need to put haynets out as pillows and hope for the best. Loose hay is fine on the floor in still weather but just blows away on windy days. Cannot use big bale hay as the ground isnt suitable and two ponies are likely candidates for laminitis. So any ideas as to how we can get hay into 5 ponies that wont share equally

meleeka

Visit site
I have a digger ?. She’s better than she was. I’ve found she’s better if left alone and no one is watching her. She doesn’t do it with hay, but I don’t use teeny nets at this time of year. The fatties are probably eating too much, but I’d rather that than the others go hungry and I like them to be eating most of the time. I use Shires nets which I think are 35mm holes. I have tile crates which I tie the nets in (I can’t stand muddy haynets).