Pictures Digital Art?

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Hi all!

Is anyone into 'digital art/graphics' on here?
I have recently decided to get back into drawing, I downloaded an app on my iPhone and have been using my finger to draw as have no stylus and I think I'm one of the few people without an ipad :p :rolleyes: not ideal...

Looking for recommendations for graphics tablets/software?

Here is my second attempt at digital art, not great due to my blinking fingers :D My friends lovely gelding who passed away recently.

Thanks!!! xx

Attachments

• Casper.JPG
    Casper.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 113

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Wow! That’s amazing! even more so with just an iPhone and finger 😊 What app did you use?

Thank you so much Rumtytum! it's called ArtBook from the appstore, only a freebie! :)
Looking forward to finding a decent software to learn how to do digitl art properly!

im no help with any sort of computer stuff but wanted to say that looks really good to me,

Thank you SpalashGirl!! The last time I did art was at A Level and that was with oils so I am also so new to the graphics side of things!
Super furstrating for me as cannot add small finer details due to the size of my fingers!

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
That’s so good, you’ve captured ‘character’ which is really difficult. Thanks for the app, I only do free ones so perfect for me 😊. And unlike you I have tiny hands and fingers which is a pain trying to grapple reins and whip but could be just the job for digi art 👍👍👍

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Got a bit carried away and ended up paying for the pro version (all of 99p) so I could use the better brushes :cool:

This is addictive!!!
I’m sure your slim fingers will be perfect RT

Layered watercolour and pencils on this one x

846C7E58-B1DF-4F71-8510-AB2BBBA8448C.jpeg

Last edited:

Rumtytum

Visit site
Woohoo 99p well spent! It’s made such a difference to the detail and quality of your brushwork, you should be really proud of yourself! Have taken a screenshot of this thread, I’m on a Greek island for seven weeks and as soon as our visitors have gone home I’ll be having a bash (if I can wait that long....)

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
WOW !!!!!!:):):)

Thank yoU!! :):)

I use my iPad with an Apple Pencil, using an App called ‘Procreate’ and it’s brilliant!

Thanks for the suggestion Snitch I'll have a look into that!

Woohoo 99p well spent! It’s made such a difference to the detail and quality of your brushwork, you should be really proud of yourself! Have taken a screenshot of this thread, I’m on a Greek island for seven weeks and as soon as our visitors have gone home I’ll be having a bash (if I can wait that long....)

Thank you RT, have been playing around with the different mediums to see what blends better etc.. Hope you enjoy your time in greece! It's fab I feel slightly addicted :D

Today's pieces below...finding techniques and mediums that work well together.
Must order a stylus :D

Attachments

• Bandit.jpg
    Bandit.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Mart.jpg
    Mart.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 39

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Thank you both that's really kind of you! :)
@Rumtytum have you found time to use the app yet, how are you getting on?

I wanted to upload some of my recent ones more so as a little improvement record for me.
I'm still learning more everytime and finding new mediums to use that work better than previous attempts:D

04-08-2019-11-04-14.jpg

This little pup is what I'm working on now,base colours, eyes & nose done. He is incredibly curly so I'm trying to figure out how to create these...

Work in progress - charlie.jpg

Rumtytum

Visit site
BR2 they are stunning! I’ve swished back to your first works, there’s so much difference now with your use of definition, depth and texture, you really have a gift. How long did it take you to create the three horse picture? It’s good to view the dog ‘work in progress’, I’ll be interested to see how you achieve the curls, it won’t be a quick job!
I’ve done nothing, am at our house on a Greek island where we’ve had six solid weeks of guests coming and going. Just finished cleaning the house and I’m exhausted, your beautiful artworks have really cheered me up😊😊😊!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
love them all

Thank you so much

BR2 they are stunning! I’ve swished back to your first works, there’s so much difference now with your use of definition, depth and texture, you really have a gift. How long did it take you to create the three horse picture? It’s good to view the dog ‘work in progress’, I’ll be interested to see how you achieve the curls, it won’t be a quick job!
I’ve done nothing, am at our house on a Greek island where we’ve had six solid weeks of guests coming and going. Just finished cleaning the house and I’m exhausted, your beautiful artworks have really cheered me up😊😊😊!

:) Thank you!! Oh absolutely, I was a little too afraid to experiment to start with but getting braver now haha!!
I did those three images separately but just combined them to upload here so i didn't upload a tonne of individual pics.. they take me 1-2 hrs to do really, depending on how hard the subject is!
Thanks so much RT! x

Rumtytum

Visit site
He’s beautiful! I can see the quality hasn’t come through as well as it should but even so when I zoomed in the detail is incredible, the silkiness of his coat, his ‘wet’ eye and each strand of hair, still can’t get my head around how skilled you are! A change of career perhaps 😊?

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
He’s beautiful! I can see the quality hasn’t come through as well as it should but even so when I zoomed in the detail is incredible, the silkiness of his coat, his ‘wet’ eye and each strand of hair, still can’t get my head around how skilled you are! A change of career perhaps 😊?

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your kind comments RT :):)
Not sure why the quality has dropped off when uploading on here, oh well! I have ordered a print to see what the quality comes out like when it's blow up. Thanks so much!
Oh I wish, maybe when I've developed my skills more I could do a couple of commissions here and there as a side career ;)

oh wow, your pieces look great!! I especially love the 'sand and sea' piece, the colours are beautiful! I bet they look even more divine on the wall in you home!
I always struggled with abstract as I'm a perfectionist but I really do like these! How did you do them exactly, what's the process with oils? Can't recall ever working with oils

Rumtytum

Visit site
I have a BA in ‘The History of Art’ so no wonder I love visual imagery of all types ha ha! And why I can really appreciate your works. Was a huge challenge for me to get my head around abstract as I was, like you, a perfectionist in detail. I finally did it by allowing myself to use only BIG brushes. Many ways to use oils, I’m into layering at present, lots of paint thickly applied for texture. Costs a fortune and very, very messy!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
I have a BA in ‘The History of Art’ so no wonder I love visual imagery of all types ha ha! And why I can really appreciate your works. Was a huge challenge for me to get my head around abstract as I was, like you, a perfectionist in detail. I finally did it by allowing myself to use only BIG brushes. Many ways to use oils, I’m into layering at present, lots of paint thickly applied for texture. Costs a fortune and very, very messy!

Oh wow RT, that's pretty cool!
That does sound like a good way to do it, I always used to get told off for drawing to small and neat, large and abstract is ALIEN! I shall have to have a look on youtube, it looks stunning - very eye catching!

Did this Highland cow last night, my parents wanted something for their kitchen and we absolutely adore them - seemed fitting!
Really happy with how it turned out - I'm learning! :D:D

thumbnail_IMG_3178.jpg

Last edited:

BOWS28

Visit site
Oh wow RT, that's pretty cool!
That does sound like a good way to do it, I always used to get told of for drawing to small and neat, large and abstract is ALIEN! I shall have to have a look on youtube, it looks stunning - very catching!

Did this Highland cow last night, my parents wanted something for their kitchen and we absolutely adore them - seemed fitting!
Really happy with how it turned out - I'm learning! :D:D

You are so incredibly talented!!!

Rumtytum

Visit site
He is gorgeous! I bet your parents are over the moon! How large will the print be? And what mount/frame? Given the quality of your art and the (amazing) speed you can produce finished works I believe you could make money - if you wanted to! Some years ago I was a commission- only artist in pencil, watercolour and oils (mainly pets and horses), it took hours/days/weeks for every work and therefore they were expensive. You’ve found a way - and excel in it - to produce fab pictures any owner would love and at a price they could afford. And another big plus is you have minimum outlay! What do you think?

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Thank you so much:)
I was going to get some prints made 10x8 size to see what the quality looks like.. then get a 2inch soft white mount for contrast, not sure on frame colour/thickness yet.
I'm just a little cautious as the quality can drop off so quickly if i push the prints too big they may go pixilated, will be trail and error i think! I'm sure small sizes will be grand but once I start making them bigger..

Thank you RT for your suggestion, I certainly would love to do some commissions in the near future but want to make sure my work is top notch first, I wouldn't want to disappoint anybody!
I can typically get them done start-finish in 2 hrs so no time at all!
Also, I have absolutely no idea what the going rate is and how much people would expect to pay for a piece like mine, it's not traditional and I fear there isn't too much of a market for them out there for me to compare too , I am in no way a trained artist just do it for fun and they don't take me awfully long to create x