Dilema! What to do?!

mole

Visit site
well ive been looking for a trailer for a while now - i'm quite fussy
smirk.gif
- and wanted a new one. but thinking sensibly about it i decided to get an older trailer that doesnt cost as much and see how much i use it.

so i found the trailer i was going to buy (Rice about 6yrs old) when im offered an ex demo bateson (3yrs old but never travelled a horse) for only £1k more!

now my dilema is ----- do i go for the bateson or stick with the rice and save myself £1k? see id got into the mind set of having an older trailer and getting a dressage saddle. but now do i scarifice the saddle and get the bateson?
crazy.gif

what wld you do? please help!
confused.gif
crazy.gif

saskia295

Visit site
That is a dilemma!

If you're not sure how much you'll use it, why don't you try hiring one for a season (I've seen companies that advertise this) for a few hundred.

If you don't end up using it much, perhaps in the long run it would work out cheaper to hire someone to take you out and about (after the cost of servicing and maintenance etc)?

(as an aside though, I'd probably go for the Bateson. Just make sure whatever you end up getting, you have a decent towing vehicle).

mole

Visit site
it is an ascot.

my prob is that id got used to the idea of saving £1k (and spending it on something else
grin.gif
wink.gif
!!!) but now im thinking ummmm maybe spend it on the trailer as they hold their value well

btw i have a trooper so lots of scope for towing!!
grin.gif