dilema

dopeesophee

Visit site
went to easton college today (local ag. college)
to talk about taking my bhs exams blah blah etcetc

we got on to pony club and camp
mum really wants me to go
but im not sure, i read the spec, and i cant do mounted games or polo with wilma, she is far to scatty and would really freak out so id end up going for the jumping and dressage,which i dont really mind because the other riding bits im not that interested in. i would enjoy the stable management bits etc, but i dont know about the social activities.

i dont know how to tell mum i dont think i want to go

im all up for joining pc and going to clinics etc, where i can still keep myself to myself a reasonable amount
but i think id feel like an outsider going to camp
and i doubt my riding so much i dont think im up to it

we dont have long to apply etc and i have to go to 2 rallies, but thats not happened yet,...

help

a bit confusing
frown.gif

x

Cliqmo

Visit site
Camp is fun and you can do as much or as little as you fancy (or at least you always could!) it can be cliquey but that is life and you will soon happen across people who just want to be sociable with everyone instead of insular with their groupies. It really is worth it as you learn alot of what other people are doing aswell as what you are explicitely taught.

jumptoit

Visit site
At our club only the younger kids do games - as the 16HH TBs struggle somewhat!

I think you'll find after two rallies you'll know enough people to have a great time at camp and it would be a fab way to make friends.

If you aren't sure you could just say something to your mum along the lines of - I'll see how the rallies go first - if you ask the DC they may defer the closing date for you until then as you're a new member. Or say - I don't think I'll know people well enough to go this year.

Glad to hear you have decided to join.
smile.gif

dopeesophee

Visit site
i think id be ok with the people once i got talking abit, and i might know someone at least :s

but i dont want to miss out on things because im not confident enough/feel im good enough

i nearly cried when mum told me all i have to do is sit my arse in the saddle and im fine, cos she reckons im as good or better than some people shes seen ride and compete :S
really cant take compliments, or criticism for that matter

x

dopeesophee

Visit site
oh ok

well wilma wouldnt struggle but
tongue.gif

the closing dates like the end of the month though
and i havent even got round to becoming a member

the woman at college said i may be able to get a reference of my trainer instead of going to rallies

oh i dont know
i feel really :s if i say no i dont want to go this year,
i was expecting to do rallies and training this year, camp next year but i guess it doesnt work like that :L

x

Skhosu

Visit site
well you can't learn without taking instruction.
Just go to PC camp, it'll be good for you both socially and riding wise

dopeesophee

Visit site
no i guess i cant learn without it

i can take it from most people, just not my mum
my trainer is fab
smile.gif
and i can take everything she yells at me
tongue.gif

yea it would be good

smile.gif

mememe

Visit site
If your worried about making friends in your pony club then camp is the best way to do it! There is always someone to take new people under their wing and everyone will help you if you need it
smile.gif
You should go for it, just be yourself and you will make loads of friends
smile.gif

dopeesophee

Visit site
thanks
smile.gif

coming round to the idea
but i dont know if im going to have time to get to 2 rallies and become a member etc by the end of the month :s

x

jrp204

Visit site
Have confidence in yourself, go to camp you will probably surprise yourself and enjoy it. You won't be the only person there who is new to it and its amazing how quickly you will make new friends. Try new things, have fun and believe in yourself.

Lolo

Visit site
Which PC are you in? Because if it's NN, you def won't be an outsider- the group Al goes about with are the same age as you and as long as you're up for a laugh they're lovely- seriously act like 6 year olds most of the time! There are always new people at camp, so you just have to take a really deep breath and get stuck in...

The two rallies thing I think is because you have to show that you're 'dedicated' to the PC, lol...

dopeesophee

Visit site
ive not joined yet
and it would be SN that i would join

i really need help though and learn to believe in myself cos i want to give up again after today