Dilemma - do I tell her? Quite long, sorry!

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I am damn sure they have made other mistakes, particularly when under pressure. I would be very suspicious of any human being who claims never to have made a mistake. There again I don't like self-righteous liars!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Lord!!!!!!!!!!!! Of COURSE I have made loads of mistakes, everyone has!

But NEVER EVER with a trailer - my GOD a vehicle going on to the road with half a ton of moving, living, breathing animal inside - well I am ultra careful and I was answering as was Tia, to the poster who said "I am sure lots of people have done that" or something to that effect - just saying actually, no, its not a common thing to do!

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
I wasn't trying to be catty or bitchy! I just don't like people who are quick to criticise others for their mistakes. I have no problem with anyone criticising someone for something which they have done deliberately, but surely to goodness anyone (even those who feel that they are largely perfect) can and do actually make mistakes, whether or not they acknowledge them? To me, making a mistake and owning up is understandable and honourable. Pretending to be perfect isn't. Sorry if you felt I was getting at you personally. Really, I wasn't, just trying to make the person who made the mistake feel better about themself. Never intended to cause you or anyone else on here any offence.

burtie

Visit site
I would suggest that as you have now posted the whole thing on here, she probably know the truth by now anyway! I have realised that pretty much everyone in the horse world reads this forum or knows someone who does!

Burtie
smirk.gif

Tempi

Visit site
hi hun - hope you are ok
smile.gif

id definately tell her, i can imagine what the people on your yard are like!! if you get stuck for a trailer let me know, everyone at my yard has one, so im sure you could borrow someones - if you can always catch a lift in my pink machine
smile.gif
xx

clipclop

Visit site
Hmm, Rach shame you live such a long way from me.

You would be very welcome to use my Trailer. All I ask is, if you break it, fix it! Bring it back and make sure it is as clean as it was when you had it, oh, and say Thank you.
smile.gif
I don't care much what happens in between that.

I am not rich and my trailer does mean a lot to me. I worked bloody hard for it. But, at the end of the day it is a friggin trailer. A box on wheels. I keep it fantastic order so that it is safe for my horses. I would only ever be upset if the occupants were hurt.

It really maddens me how self-righteous and selfish people can be. I used to share a yard with that kind of tw*t.

Hope everything works out for you sweetie. Oh and make sure you pray to the lord for forgivness for your hideous sins
smile.gif
wink.gif

Cx

clipclop

Visit site
That was meee, saying about making mistakes.

The "Grab the handbrake" moment was not as bad as it sounds. I was unhitching on a what I thought was a level area. I wasn't being as vigilant with the handbrake as I perhaps normally would be. (I don't leave the handbrake on during storage as the brakes tend to sieze, I use stoppers around the wheels).

Anyway, this incident a gust of wind blew the trailer and sent it steadily rolling slowly towards another of the parked trailers so I just had to grab the handbrake.

I am very methodical about hitching up and also lift the trailer on the jockey wheel to check the ball hitch is well and truely attached. I do a count down of checks before I get in the car and leave. Double checking all the fixings, check the lights, check all the doors, check all the internal bars are fixed properly, check haynets are safely tied up etc, etc.

The point I was trying to make to Rachel is not to be too upset about making a mistake. In that same post I joked that she will never make that particular mistake again. Because she won't! Not ever!

From my point of view if it was my trailer, I really wouldn't give a monkeys. If she had told me I would have probably just said "Woops, bet you won't do that again".

Good job we are all different huh?

I used to drive for a living and my loads were never nice pallet loads, they were hideous loads to fix on. Strangely shaped items that needed careful thought.So I am well used to being very careful that everything is fixed and tied in correctly.

With 46 odd blokes working for us, we are so used to our gear being damaged by silly mistakes. I guess I am well hardened to human error?

Just felt I needed to explain.

Cx
smile.gif

happyhack

Visit site
100% you must tell her. it will be alot worse if she hears it from someone else and im sure if it belonged to you, you would like to know what happened.