Dilemma!!!??

RacheeRooRoo

Visit site
I rent my own stable yard off a local land owner. He had a friend who wanted summer grazing which I agreed to. She now wants to possibly stay come the winter too but I have a friend who has already approached me about the spare stable. The land owners friend keeps making decisions and going to the land owner with them and completely not thinking to ask me first. Baring in mind I'm the one who has a signed contract to say I rent the whole grazing etc. Do I have my friend or put up with this lady come the winter? My friend will probably be more likely to keep her horses a similar way to me whereas the other lady makes me feel inadequate in my methods etc. what would you do??

Patterdale

Visit site
When she brings up the winter grazing, say 'I'm so sorry but I've already promised the stable to a friend. Let me know if I can be of any help to you finding somewhere else.'
Smile pleasantly and leave it at that. Job done.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
What Patterdale said. If not you need a big reduction on rent if you don't have exclusive use of the place. The landlord is not being fair,

RacheeRooRoo

Visit site
He wouldn't be able to just terminate it like that. And I don't think he would want to lose out on the money I pay tbh. Not when the place was advertised for such a long time before I took it on

Fides

Visit site
I'd say to the farmer that it isn't working out as management wise it isn't a good fit. I hope you are getting a big rent reduction for not having exclusive use...