Dinky rugs grazing muzzles

PoppyG

Visit site
Hi

Does anyone have a Dinky rugs grazing muzzle and have a picture of the bottom? I am considering getting one for my mare as she doesn't like having her one on (currently has the shires one) and wonder if she would prefer it as it doesnt have the rubber bottom, but I would like to have a look first. I have emailed Dinky rugs, but they dont have a picture of the bottom.

Thanks in advance.

ponypilotmum

Visit site
I have one. The bottom is literally two wide webbing straps in a cross shape, so the pony has to eat from one corner of the cross, if you see what I mean. Mine's never been used. I bought small pony size and it's so tiny I can't even get it over our miniature's muzzle (who takes a 3 inch bit). Have to say it was the biggest waste of money ever.

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
Hi

Does anyone have a Dinky rugs grazing muzzle and have a picture of the bottom? I am considering getting one for my mare as she doesn't like having her one on (currently has the shires one) and wonder if she would prefer it as it doesnt have the rubber bottom, but I would like to have a look first. I have emailed Dinky rugs, but they dont have a picture of the bottom.

Thanks in advance.

Glad I'm not the only one, I didn't even get a reply from them, WHY don't they take a picture, you know, so they sell more ????? doesn't make sense to me

Janesomerset

Visit site
I now use Roma muzzles as the rubber in the bottom is much more flexible than in the Shires muzzles and our pony seems to find them much more comfortable. They fit him better around the head too. They don't last as long as Shires ones but I'd rather buy one slightly more often just for the joy of having one our pony actually pushes his nose into! They do smell very rubbery at first though! (but it wears off!)

PoppyG

Visit site
Thank you for all your replies.

I dont see why Dinky Rugs dont put a picture up of the bottom, its very odd! Especially when people are emailing them requesting one! :0/

loz9

Visit site
Have got you some pics but will have to upload them later this evening as i cant find the card to transfer them onto the laptop! Does seem a bit odd that they won't take a picture for you, it's almost like they dont want a sale!!

ETS I have also found my mare does eventually eat through the bottom of them but they rub her a lot less than either shires or roma one & she seems less stressed in it, so I just keep footing the bill! (takes her several months to eat through them though & she uses them on a rotation basis - I have 7 for her! as she only wears them each for 1 day in the summer before they are washed as she likes to dunk them in the water bucket & this attracts the flys!)

L&M

Visit site
I have used their muzzles for a welsh cob and a shetland, and think they are very good.

They do not rub and are a 'kinder' muzzle and have never found them to wear through - however I have never used them 24/7.

As others have stated they just have webbing straps on the bottom.

loz9

Visit site
Have found the card, hope this helps!!
2012-02-28143552.jpg

Headpiece

Visit site
I have one too, it didnt last long, about a week. I did complain about this, as the plastic fittings they had broke almost immediately, although they do have a velcro panic piece in them. They told me they didnt last long anyway but offered to sell me some further fittings:eek:.

I then bought a shires one, had it two years.

AMW

Visit site
We use them, they have lasted several summers, ponies very happy in them. Haven't had a problem sizing, measurements were on their site.Would def use & recommend.

EmmaC78

Visit site
I have a couple for my minis and have actually found them to be pretty hard wearing despite two very determined boys trying to take them off.

walkers_dream

Visit site
my section c colt has to wear these as being backward and very small he gets out of normal foal rugs.

I was looking at dinky rugs but decided on trying ruggles on ebay...none the less they are fantastic they also have their own website

http://www.ruggles-horse-rugs.co.uk/

Im in love with these rugs, and he has not yet managed to get out of it! (we do still have twists on the belly straps though! LOL)

Bethie

Visit site
I have one too, it didnt last long, about a week. I did complain about this, as the plastic fittings they had broke almost immediately, although they do have a velcro panic piece in them. They told me they didnt last long anyway but offered to sell me some further fittings:eek:.

I then bought a shires one, had it two years.

I use them, fit my horse and pony much better than the other makes and they can actually breathe in them - for the pony particularly all other makes bar greenguard, which he just took off, the vertical strips in the basket part of the muzzle completely covered his nostrils. I think the fasteners are quite weak but solved that by either using tie wraps round the clips to hold them together, or where the clips have got completely broken off by simply sewing up the straps where they had been.

Business

Visit site
Bought one for my warmblood - so large head- even the largest size ruubbed her - padded it- rubbed in a different place- padded that- rubbed somewhere else- wrote to Dinky- asked if they could make a larger one around the muzzel part- said they would look into it and I didn't hear back. Warning- don't think it will be big enough for a large horse- don't know what you have but if it's large I would get a different one. Going to sell mine soon, it's no good to me.

Headpiece

Visit site
I use them, fit my horse and pony much better than the other makes and they can actually breathe in them - for the pony particularly all other makes bar greenguard, which he just took off, the vertical strips in the basket part of the muzzle completely covered his nostrils. I think the fasteners are quite weak but solved that by either using tie wraps round the clips to hold them together, or where the clips have got completely broken off by simply sewing up the straps where they had been.

Yes, that was what i did, not ideal. However, another concern was the webbing was constantly wet, from being burrowed into the grass. The shires ones didnt have that problem.

lilaclomax

Visit site
I have used muzzles for years and after the clip went on one of my Roma muzzles I decided to go for a dinky muzzle as did my friend.
Was impressed for a day then within 2 hours on the second day I noticed my boy was eating without slowing - the webbing had worn right through in one corner and created a lovely large opening for him to eat through!
My friend's boy managed to keep his going for just over a week then a similar break down occured... both were swiftly replaced with Shires.
I contacted Dinky only to be told that it is rare this happens and it must be due to them rubbing on something sharp in the field - our fields are fenced with post and electric and the water troughs are plastic with rounded edges - with nothing to rub on other than the ground, then it was suggested that another horse must have been playing tug of war with them, again not possible with both boys wearing muzzles! Finally I was told that they must have been rubbing consantly as they were not used to wearing muzzles... !?!
I eventually got a refund after mentioning trading standards but wasn't happy with the build quality :(

ShadowFlame

Visit site
I bought one a few years ago for my Welsh D. The holes in the base are that small I can't see how they can eat through them at all. It didn't fit anyway, so ended up on Ebay.