Discharging filly?

Hecken92

Visit site
Can anyone help me with a puzzle regarding my mums filly who is rising 4.
We've had her since she was 2 and ever since we've had her, she's had a constant vaginal discharge. We had the vet out and they performed an internal exam and tried her on antibiotics but to no avail - the discharge has continued and no cause can be found. I've heard from a few people that their fillies did this but grew out of it - has anyone else experienced it? She comes into season as now and again she goes through a stage of squirting as well as the usual discharge. Any ideas?!

ru-fi-do

Visit site
My mare is going through a similar thing at the moment although she is 13. She had a bacterial infection that was treated with two weeks antibiotics, we had her scanned and her ovaries were fine, she had a small cyst in her uterus but the vet said this shouldn't cause any problems. Three weeks ago the same thing came back and i'm waiting on more swab results. My vet decided not to do a Caslick's as there wasn't actually that much that she could sew up but it may be worth asking your vet about it for your mare, it could simply be that she is sucking in air as she moves, many TB mare fillies have it done routinely.... Good luck :)

Hecken92

Visit site
I think the vet did swabs as well and they came back clear. I don't think it's a problem that a Caslicks would solve as she has good conformation back there. I wondered if it was just a baby thing that might sort itself out after a few seasons...?